Hyphens Dutch Language

Home Forums Reykjavik Hyphens Dutch Language

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

j.heuvel
    Participant

Hyphens Dutch Language

Resolved

Hi there,

I have a question about hyphens. We saw that wordpress is breaking down long words, but not according to the Dutch grammer. The hyphens can differ on each monitor and most of the times break down incorrectly.

For example: the word gebruikerssessies should be gebruikers(-)sessies, not gebruik(-)erssessies.

Is there a possibility that the hyphens always correspond to the Dutch grammer?

I asked the same question to WordPress, but they told me hyphenation is accomplished by the browser, and it is controlled by CSS. So a theme or plugin would have to be involved to output the CSS to tell the browser to hyphenate. Do you know how this works in your theme?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi j.heuvel,

I have actually already replied to exact same problem – haven’t you asked this before or someone from your team?

Hyphenation in theme is only applied on child page titles and it is actually coming from the CSS code I’ve provided in the previous support ticket. The theme does not apply any hyphenation. Please read the previous ticket (linked above) for explanation and solution.

You can maybe set the child page titles smaller to resolve the issue for you using this custom CSS:

.child-page-title {
        font-size: 125%;
    }

Please use your browser code inspector to resolve CSS issues.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.