In the mobile view all pages are visible in a crowd

Home Forums Reykjavik In the mobile view all pages are visible in a crowd

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

alexander70
    Participant

In the mobile view all pages are visible in a crowd

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello! In the mobile view, all pages are visible en masse (main and child pages). If the site has many pages (hundreds or even thousands) to look all pages is problematic. Is it possible to do so that only the main pages are visible at first, and when you click on the main page, are the child pages visible? In another theme I used Custom CSS for this purpose:

@media screen and (max-width: 650px) {
     li.page_item_has_children ul.children {
     display:none
     }
    } 

But in this theme this code does not work.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  alexander70.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi alexander70,

Please note that this is by design in the theme. It simply displays all menu items in mobile menu.

Toggling a sub menu in mobile navigation can not be achieved with pure CSS code. It requires a JavaScript coding. So, probably the best approach for your would be to try to find some mobile navigation plugin that can do what you need.

If you only want to hide sub menus in mobile navigation, use this custom CSS:

@media (max-width: 671px) {
    	.main-navigation .sub-menu {
    		display: none;
    	}
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

alexander70
    Participant

Thanks, but it did not help :(

alexander70
    Participant

Could you advise me such mobile navigation plugin?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi alexander70,

Please search the WordPress plugins. I can not recommend any such plugin as I was never in need of one ;)

Also, please understand that this is a theme design decision.

I would also suggest trying to redesign your website navigation maybe? Having too much of menu items could be very confusing to visitors. Like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply to you at WordPress.org forum, the theme contains also a “List child pages” page template. Maybe try to use that one too? You can see an example of such page template in theme demo website.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, please understand that what you need to achieve requires quite some JavaScript coding. I simply have no capacity to help with this and it is out of scope of free support service I provide. Please read terms of service. Thank you for understanding!

Please note that you can always hire someone to help you with your custom theme modifications.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

alexander70
    Participant

My website http://audiobook-online.com has a lot of pages (several thousand), so I would like it to be in the mobile view was easy navigation through the pages. In the currently used theme normal mobile page navigation. But I would like to go over your theme, I like it. I will think how to do it. Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  alexander70.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi alexander70,

Just another tip for you:

If I may advice, I’m not sure having that many pages is actually a good idea. Pages in WordPress are not meant for such purpose.

I don’t speak Russian, so I don’t really know what about is your website, but maybe you should use posts instead? Or even a different post type?

Try to search for a suitable plugin for your project that could organize your content in better way.

There are also plugins you can use to create your own custom post types, specifically to your needs. You can then simply convert your pages into your custom post type.

Everything really depends on your needs and information structure design. I wish you good luck with your website!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

alexander70
    Participant

Thank you very much! Good luck to you too!

alexander70
    Participant

Even if the site does not have many pages, but once the word “Menu” is written, this implies that the pages are loaded according to the menu, first the older page, and when clicked – the child pages. So more convenient for navigation. Especially since wordpress does not limit the number of pages. It’s my opinion :) Good luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.