Increasing file upload size

Home Forums Mustang Increasing file upload size

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lana
    Participant

Increasing file upload size

Resolved

Hello,

I’m an avid Mustang user. I’ve built several sites based on it and will definitely build more. Today I needed to upload a video as a slider background and couldn’t since it exceeded “the maximum upload size for this site.”
    I am in local environment now and I tried to add this to the parent functions.php:
    @ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ’64M’ );
    @ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ’64M’);
    @ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );
    It didn’t help. Could you please help me find the solution?

I look forward to receiving your reply!

All the best,
    Lana

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme :) Just to let you know, I’ve recently released much more advanced free theme called Reykjavik. You might want to check that out too at https://www.webmandesign.eu/project-type/themes/

First, I suggest not to use such a huge videos on your website. You should basically use as small-sized files for your assets as possible.
    Also, maybe try to offload the traffic from your website and speed it up by uploading the video to some video sharing website such as YouTube or Vimeo.

But if you still want to use such big-file-size video on your website, you might want to check your WordPress installation file upload limit. Maybe you are using WordPress multisite?
    Check out https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-maximum-upload-file-size/

Also, please note that you should not use the code you are using currently in your theme’s functions.php file. Instead, as you are on local environment, directly edit the php.ini file of your server to change those PHP settings.
    For live websites ask your hosting company how to set those values for their servers.

PS: Please understand that this is not a question related to the theme, so I can only provide tips (please read terms of service). Everything actually depends on your local environment setup.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Lana
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply! Actually, I don’t like using huge videos on my websites either. This one is just around 33 Mb.

I am trying Reykjavik. Wow! Such a beautiful theme, tremendous functionality. What Webman Design theme (including paid ones) would you advise me to use for a real property management company’s website?

All the best,
    Lana

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

Have you managed to resolve the original issue of this ticket so? Could you maybe share which solution worked for you – just from curiosity ;)

I am trying Reykjavik. Wow! Such a beautiful theme, tremendous functionality. What Webman Design theme (including paid ones) would you advise me to use for a real property management company’s website?

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme! :) It is hard to answer your question. I haven’t built a theme specifically for real estate management (or other listings management), but all my business themes can be used for any purpose, basically. I think they all have “general-purpose design” and they all can be customizable to your needs.

For the real estate listings you will need to use a plugin anyway, and all of my themes should handle any plugin. But I’d say you can stay with Reykjavik theme as even my other (and paid) themes won’t give you much more functionality for your specific purpose. Definitely, start with Reykjavik as its free, so you have nothing to loose, and if you would like to upgrade, you can always ask in Reykjavik theme related support forum so I can provide you with info or tips needed.

Surely, if you would like to support me, you are more than welcome to purchase one of my paid themes or use donation link found in Reykjavik theme Appearance → Welcome page. Thank you! :) But the theme is free, so feel no pressure to do so!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Lana
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply! Editing the local php.ini worked:-)

All the best,
    Lana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.