Infinite scroll problem

Home Forums Reykjavik Infinite scroll problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MosheCohen
    Participant

Infinite scroll problem

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver, how are you?
    I noticed an issue when enabling jetpack infinite scrolling: when it’s on the first posts show twice – in the visible section (before loading anymore posts) and then also as the first posts that load. To illustrate this is how it looks:
    1. 6 first posts
    scrolling to load more
    2. same 6 first posts (show twice)
    3. next 6 posts

I contact wordpress jetpack and they said its probably a theme issue, do you know how can I solve this?

Thanks,
    Moshe

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Moshe,

I’m sorry but I can’t replicate your issue. The Jetpack Infinite Scroll works perfectly fine for me.

The theme does not modify that behavior in any way actually. I only declare support for the feature, set the correct post content file to display, set the “Load more” button text and I hide the pagination when infinite scroll is used.

As you can see, nothing that would affect the functionality you describe. Please contact the Jetpack support and provide them with information above so they can investigate more if the issue is related to their plugin.

But first I would suggest trying:

• Disable any caching you apply on your website.
    • Switch to a default Reykjavik theme in case you are using a child theme.
    • Disable plugins (except Jetpack) to see if that helps.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

MosheCohen
    Participant

Thanks Oliver, the issue was caused by “intuitive post order” plugin

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Moshe,

Indeed, you are right. Thank you for letting me know. It seems the plugin support is quite dead too, unfortunately. I will consider removing the plugin recommendation from the theme documentation so.

You can maybe try an alternative plugin if needed https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/post+order/

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

MosheCohen
    Participant

I tried several post order plugins and the problem occur in all of them, found also this if it is helping:
    https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/issues/1135

Is there any solution to this issue Oliver?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Moshe,

Please understand this is not an issue with my product, with a theme. You can just try the solution you’ve linked to.

Or you can simply order posts by date, which is the default WordPress functionality anyway and will work perfectly fine.

Please understand that as this is a 3rd party plugins incompatibility issue, I will not add any fix for this in the theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.