Home Forums Reykjavik iPad air – Second menu level of main navigation menu Disappears instantly

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,

Please understand this is my decision for how to tread submenu expanding in my themes. As for why it works on touch screens, please understand it works for whole link, not just “+” – see this code: https://github.com/webmandesign/reykjavik/blob/1.5.0/assets/js/scripts-navigation-accessibility.js#L72

The CSS code I’ve provided only makes the “+” larger. CSS is only for styling purposes, not functionality. The CSS code I’ve provided had not changed any functionality of the theme.

Before the theme worked the way I described above, in my first reply to you: you could expand the submenu only when clicking/touching the “+”. But it was not ideal as I could see in your video. That’s why I updated the functionality. If you want to add it back and possibly use it together with the new functionality, please try using the previous JS code alongside.

You can try to add delay to submenu revealing using this custom CSS, but I strongly discourage doing so:

@media only screen and (min-width: 80em) {
    	.main-navigation-container li ul {
    		transition-delay: 1s;
    	}
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

wuesl
    Participant

Good morning Oliver,

Sorry, of course the theme is your theme and it wasn’t my intention to induce you to change your theme. You are a professional WordPress theme coder and have got much more knowledge and general view than I have.

And I appreciate very much that you help us.

I will try your CSS code and see how it works and whether it really makes sense for us to overwrite your original theme in that way.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I wish you a pleasant weekend
    Ulrich

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,

I’m sorry if I sounded offended, I really am not and that wasn’t my intention. I greatly appreciate your suggestion, but please understand my reasoning why it will not be added to the theme. I simply prefer revealing submenu on mouse hover.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Great rest of the weekend to you too :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.