Is Angelica Theme is full open-source theme?

Home Forums Angelica Is Angelica Theme is full open-source theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drowlyt
    Participant

Is Angelica Theme is full open-source theme?

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,

Written “This item is licensed 100% GPL.” in Angelica’s themeforest page. This theme is full open-source theme?

WebMan Design
    Keymaster

Hi drowlyt,

As 100% WordPress compliant author, all of my themes are licensed under GPL.

Is there any specific reason why you ask? :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

drowlyt
    Participant

I want to buy Angelica.

My current theme is purchased from themeforest. But i can not editing as i want because of encryption or way of licensing.

If i buy Angelica, can i reach the all codes and edit as i want? As far as i understand GPL mean this.

WebMan Design
    Keymaster

Hi drowlyt,

You should be able to modify any WordPress theme purchased from anywhere. It does not depend on licensing. But you have to use a child theme for that and you should never edit theme core files as you will loose all your changes once you update the theme in the future. All of my themes are child theme ready, so you are able to modify them to your needs as you please :)

Just a side note, I’m not sure how other themes can be encrypted as they are using CSS and PHP and HTML code which can not be encrypted in WordPress in any way as far as I know. But to answer your question, yes all the code in Angelica is accessible, readable.

And GPL is only a type of the license.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.