issue with Customization options

Home Forums Reykjavik issue with Customization options

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

uroboro
    Participant

issue with Customization options

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, i have no longer access to theme customization dashboard: when i try to access the page freeze when loading (see screenshot attached).
    Could you give me help to understand the cause and resolve this issue?
    P.S. I also attach all informations on site and hosting configuration.
    Thanks in advance

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi uroboro,

Please note that this issue does not seem to be related to the theme. There seem to be some JavaScript error when loading the WordPress customizer. You can check the error in your web browser console, here is an example procedure to do so:

Also check your child theme code or switch to Reykjavik parent theme to determine if the cause of the issue is your child theme.

You can also use Health Check plugin to determine the cause of the issue so you can take appropriate action.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

I’ve just checked your website front-end and there is even a JavaScript error there:

Uncaught ReferenceError: EUCookieLaw is not defined
        at (index):9

(Maybe this same error is causing the customizer not load?)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Hi Oliver, you were right!
    I deactivated the cookie handling plugin and now the issue is solved: i think have to contact the author of that plugin…or change the plugin with another :)
    Thank you very much
    katia

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Katia,

If you happen to be using the Jetpack plugin, it already contains a cookies consent functionality: https://jetpack.com/support/extra-sidebar-widgets/cookies-consent-banner/

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Yes, i know, but i would like to use a cookie solution with cookie block and consent saving options, and Jetpack only provides a simple banner :(

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

uroboro
    Participant

P.S.
    I was somehow wrong: now I see that Jetpack provides consent capturing function…but still no block of third part profilation cookies

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  uroboro.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

First of all, thank you for your donation! :) I appreciate it very much!

As for Jetpack plugin’s cookie consent, I’m sorry, but I can’t really help very much here. You’d be better asking at the Jetpack plugin support. But I understand it might provide simpler cookie consent functionality than what you aim for.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.