Jetpack plugin

Home Forums Reykjavik Jetpack plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

j.heuvel
    Participant

Jetpack plugin

Resolved

Hi there,

We have some questions about the use of the Jetpack plugin.

1. Is it possible to remove ‘portfolio’ from the URL? We do not want that the ‘normal’ pages and the portfolio pages differ in URL (see Image URL portfolio).

2. We tried to make a similair portfolio page to the original Reykjavik page with images and short sentences (see Image Jetpack plugin page). However, when we click through the next page, the same image with text is visible next to the title (see Image Detail page). We want to include images and text at the first page that are not visible at the detail page. How can we achieve this?

3. Is it possible to delete ‘previous project’ at the bottom of the page through a certain code (see Image Previous project)? We prefer that all the pages are as similar as possible.

4. We do not want to show all portfolios at the same page, but a selection. We tried to achieve this through portfolio shortcode, however, we still receive an error notification (see Image Error shortcode portfolio). How can we select the desired portfolios? We tried the following shortcode (see Image Shortcode portfolio).

5. We want to use smaller letters for the portfolio feature. However, we do not know how to adjust the characteristics of the text in this section. Do you know how we can resize the text in this section (see Image Jetpack plugin page)?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi j.heuvel,

Please understand that Jetpack is 3rd party product and I only provide support for my products. Most of your questions will be better resolved asking the Jetpack support.

1. Please contact Jetpack support for solution. I’m not sure if there is an easy, codeless solution for this. However, please understand that normal pages URL have to differ from custom post type URL as otherwise same slug will produce issues.
    2. Please note that you haven’t attached any explanation images and your website URL does not work. I guess the “short sentences” are actually subtitles added with Subtitles plugin. I’m not sure if you can display project excerpt instead → please see portfolio shortcode documentation. I’m not quite sure what you mean by “We want to include images and text at the first page that are not visible at the detail page.” Could you provide explanatory screenshot so I can assist?
    3. The easiest solution to remove previous/next post links is to use custom CSS:
      .single-jetpack-portfolio .post-navigation {
      	display: none;
      }
    4. Please contact Jetpack plugin support for help with this. I would suggest display only portfolio projects from specific Project Type or Project Tag (for example, use include_tag="project-tag-slug-here" shortcode parameter).
    5. Could you please provide screenshot of what you mean by “portfolio feature”? If you mean portfolio project title in portfolio list, try using this custom CSS:
      .portfolio-entry-title {
      	font-size: 125%;
      }

Tip: To determine the custom CSS you need to use to override and modify the theme default styles, please try using your browser code inspector.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

velden
    Participant

Hi, what we meant on point 2. Is thaet we see on the LINK the summary (see attached screenshot A). And we don’t want it on the detailpage (screenshot B). How do we do this?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Website link moved to "Related website URL field"

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi velden,

First, please understand that you can only attach files of max size of 200 KB in this support forum. Your image a.png exceeds that size. I suggest using JPG image format instead as it produces smaller file sizes in most cases.

Anyway, I think I understand what you mean. Please, use a custom CSS to hide the project excerpt on project single page:

.single-jetpack-portfolio .page-summary {
    	display: none;
    }

Please try using your browser code inspector to determine the CSS code you need to use for your theme modifications.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

velden
    Participant

Thanks! That’s the one we need!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.