L SEP symbol in Internet Explorer

Home Forums Icelander L SEP symbol in Internet Explorer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

alex
    Participant

L SEP symbol in Internet Explorer

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi,
    there are L SEP symbols on some places shown in Internet Explorer, the screenshots show.

In one screenshot you see the dots of ö misplaced.
    The link shows the text with the misplaced letters (the white text on green background).

How to fix those issues?
    Thanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi alex,

Please understand that all of those “L SEP” characters/symbols are coming from your website content. The theme has no control over them.

Have you copied and pasted the content from some other source maybe? Such weird characters usually tend to be carried around that way.

To resolve, simply edit your content and remove the character. It may even be invisible in the editor, in which case I suggest deleting also surrounding characters and retyping the content anew.

As for ö dots misplacement in Internet Explorer, honestly I have no idea why the browser renders those that way. It may be related to the font used on your website (which seems to be default Icelander font), or even to the font subset. I suggest simply changing the font via theme options in Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Typography. Using correct font for your language (or a web safe font) may resolve the issue.

Or if you want to use the theme default font (Fira Sans), try extending the subset in a child theme functions.php file using this code:

function child_theme_google_fonts_subset() {
    	return array( 'latin', 'latin-ext' );
    }
    add_filter( 'wmhook_icelander_assets_google_fonts_url_subset', 'child_theme_google_fonts_subset' );

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.