layout issues with version 1.8.1

Home Forums Q’tron layout issues with version 1.8.1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jairanganathan
    Participant

layout issues with version 1.8.1

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,
    I had been using Q’Tron version 1.3.5 and I finally upgraded to the current version of 1.8.1. Unfortunately, it broke a few things with the site layout and I had to switch back to 1.3.5. Specifically, I had two issues with 1.8.1 and I would be very grateful for any thoughts that you might have.

I included some screenshots in my google drive at the url that I provide below. First off, in the site header, I like having the site logo there instead of the site title (see screenshot header_135.png). However, version 1.8.1 doesn’t seem to want to do that (see screenshot header_181.png). Secondly, the front page of the site is a list of the blog posts (see screenshot front_page_135.png). Unfortunately, with version 1.8.1, the featured images associated with all of the posts get blown out to gigantic sizes (see screenshot front_page_181.png). I couldn’t figure out how to have this not happen.

Anyway, I would appreciate any insights that you may have. Thanks.
    Jai

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Jai,

I’m sorry, but I don’t experience any of such issues:

1. As you are upgrading from a very old theme version I suggest checking your logo setup first, in WordPress options under Appearance → Customize → Site Identity after you upgrade the theme. Other than that, have you modified the theme files somehow or are you using a child theme? If so, please check your modifications.
    2. Again, I don’t experience any issue when my website is set as blog with the theme. Maybe try to flush your browser cache after upgrading the theme?

If your issues persist, please upgrade the theme and provide URL to affected page so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

jairanganathan
    Participant

Hi Oliver,
    Many thanks for your reply. You are correct that the issues I am confronting are child theme-related. The Q’Tron child theme that was working fine with 1.3.5 doesn’t entirely work with version 1.8.1 – I will have to sort out what is going on there. Thanks.
    Jai

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.