Link post-format with Youtube video seems to break entry layout

Home Forums Modern Link post-format with Youtube video seems to break entry layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fxp
    Participant

Link post-format with Youtube video seems to break entry layout

Resolved

Hi Oliver,

First thanks for the template and for the amazing documentation of your site.

(Almost sure I just made a mistake by heavily testing the child-theme, so don’t spend time on this.)

I created a post with an embed youtube video and gave it the link format. Here is the post text:

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3qKEMsWS0[/embed]

Le nouvel outil de Microsoft

On the front page, the entry is different than the others:

• No title
    • text font bigger
    • image with large margin / padding
    • No “read more…” link

It might also be the Youtube code breaking things up.

Actually, it is just testing. I might even decide NOT to use a video as a featured link, so really, consider this just as a “friendly user test report”.

Thanks again.
    Regards

François

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  fxp. Reason: Added: "no read more"

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi François,

Thank you, I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme :)

First, please note that you don’t have to use the embed shortcode actually. You can simply paste the video URL into your post content and WordPress will do the rest for you ;)

I’ve checked your website (the same one you’ve provided link to in your previous ticket) and the issue is actually related to wrong post format set for the affected post. You have set a post format of “Link” while I suggest using “Video” for videos. Switching the post format should resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

fxp
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Actually, I used the “add Media from the web” in the Media tool, to add the “video link”, and WordPress added it in embed… That’s why when I tried the Video post format nothing happened.

But exactly as you predicted, when I erased the embed and used again the correct post-type, everything worked fine!

Thanks a lot Oliver.

Best regards
    François

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.