Link URL setup not working

Home Forums Icelander Link URL setup not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sarahs
    Participant

Link URL setup not working

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I cannot add a url to the buttons – when i click on “SELECT URL” my web page freezes and the dialog box does not activate to paste a url in there. I attached a screen shot.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the reply public as there is no sensitive info shared
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  Oliver Juhas.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sarahs,

Please note that this is a new issue and a new support ticket should be created for it (please read terms of service). I’ve created a new ticket for you now.

From your screenshot I can see you are using WPBakery Page Builder plugin. Please contact the plugin support to resolve the issue, please understand that I can not provide support for 3rd party software.

Most likely there is a plugin conflict on your website. Try to check the console errors in your browser to determine the cause of the issue for possible quick resolution (tip: read knowledge base article about using browser code inspector).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

sarahs
    Participant

I need to add a url link to the button but the URL section is broken – frozen and does not allow me to paste a url in there. Please see screen shot.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sarahs,

Please do not create duplicate tickets. I’ve merged your ticket back to the original support ticket. Please check my reply above for resolution.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Providing more info

sarahs
    Participant

But I have used the WP Bakery Plugin for 2 months without problems. Why does it stop working all of sudden now? I also cannot add new pages either.

I deactivated the WP Bakery and all other external plugins and the functions are STILL NOT WORKING.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the reply public as there is no sensitive info shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sarahs,

Please understand that I don’t have answer for your question as your issue is related to a 3rd party page builder plugin, not the theme. Please understand that I can only provide support for my products. Did the plugin support helped you in any way?

Additionally I can advice you to try these steps to trace the cause of the issue:

1. Make sure your plugins, WordPress and themes are up to date.
    2. What changes did you make to your website recently?
    3. Disable any caching you might use. Flush your web browser cache.
    4. As this seems to be a JavaScript related issue, please check your browser console for any JavaScript errors.
    5. Do you use a child theme? Switch over to Icelander theme instead to check if the issue is coming from your child theme.
    6. Try using a Plugin Detective – Troubleshooting plugin to trace the issue. Alternatively try deactivating all the plugins except the page builder and WebMan Amplifier to see if the issue is resolved. That way you know there is a plugin conflict.
    7. Maybe your WordPress admin area code is being cut off. Please check your PHP version and settings.
    8. Try switching the theme to Twenty Seventeen, for example, to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, we can assume it is related to Icelander theme. Please provide admin access to your website in that case (after trying above steps).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.