Mail Chimp Pop Up

Home Forums Auberge Mail Chimp Pop Up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Epicfied

Mail Chimp Pop Up

Resolved

Hey everyone,

I recently added the Mail Chimp pop up to my site. The close button doesn’t work.
    I contacted Mail Chimp and they told me to talk to my hoster. I contacted Site Ground and they said it was a broken java code but I needed to contact my theme’s creator.

I don’t know if this is a bug in the theme’s code or something else.
    To see what I’m talking about, go to http://www.epicfied.com
    I haven’t taken the code out yet.

Thanks!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Honestly, this is actually not an issue with the theme and I’m not quite sure why the plugin support hasn’t provided you with the solution.

I can see some JavaScript errors on your website, indeed. You can actually check these personally in your browser using the console view of your browser’s code inspectorhttps://webmandesign.ticksy.com/article/6180/

However, I can’t see any popup on your website, so I will just provide the solution to your JavaScript errors:

• The main issue I see is related to minification enabled on your website. You are probably using some caching plugin and have set the JavaScript minification there. Please note that minification may cause issues as it is a complex process that can not be automated sometimes and so I suggest disabling it to see if the issue is resolved.
    • I can actually see some JavaScript errors related to MailChimp files. But I think this might be resolved by disabling minification as stated above.
    • There is also some JavaScript notice about SSL, but I’d say it is not an error preventing any code from working.

As you can see, none of the errors are related to the theme, but I hope this insight will help you to resolve the issue.

You might also try to disable all plugins except the MailChimp one to see if it will work then. If it does, then you know there is a plugin collision and you can enable the plugins one by one to check when the issue starts again. But first, please disable the caching and minification in your caching plugin and then deactivate it. You should use caching plugins after your website is ready to go live only, not during the website building process.

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.