Menu list

Home Forums Reykjavik Menu list

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

angie_s
    Participant

Menu list

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello dear!

We checked our website with other tools and with aXe chrome extension showed up an error at the primary menu list.

https://dequeuniversity.com/rules/axe/3.1/listitem?application=AxeChrome (this is the description of the error).

Please take a look because i think that we did something wrong with the menu construction but i can’t figure it out!

http://asetsika.000webhostapp.com/ (out website)

Thank you!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi angie_s,

I’ve checked your website with aXe Chrome extension and it really seems to report this issue. However, when I check your website source code (please try using your web browser code inspector) I can see no issue there and your menu items (the <li> HTML tags) are properly wrapped in <ul> HTML tag. So, this seems to be a false positive.

Please contact aXe extension support and report this issue so they can provide more info why the tool reported this problem when there is nothing wrong with your website.

I’ve also tested your website using WAVE and it does not report this particular issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

I’ve investigated a bit more and it seems the issues started reporting in some recent update of aXe Chrome extension. It seems to be confused by role="menubar" applied by the theme on the parent <ul> HTML tag. I will investigate more and fix the issue in the next theme update.

If you want to fix the issue now, please remove all instances of role="menubar" in reykjavik/includes/frontend/class-menu.php file.

I’ll go ahead and report the issue to aXe support after I investigate more.

Thanks for spotting this!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

angie_s
    Participant

Thank you very much!
    We need to fix it now, so we will try your quick solution.

I’ll let you know if it works.

angie_s
    Participant

So, your quick solution works!
    achecker
    aXe
    wave
    are all good!

angie_s
    Participant

An Update.
    The issue appeared for the widgets inside the sidebar.
    Can we fix this somehow quickly?

Thank you!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi angie_s,

I’m sorry but your sidebar doesn’t seems to be coming from the theme. Your sidebar widgets are encapsulated in the <li> HTML tag but there is no parent <ul>. The theme encapsulates sidebar semantically in <aside> HTML tag, while widgets are encapsulated in <section> HTML tag. Something on your website is overriding this.

Maybe you are using some plugin? Depending on what you are trying to achieve, try using WooSidebars plugin.

Or have you modified sidebar markup via a child theme? Please check your theme modifications.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

angie_s
    Participant

I’m using WooSidebars plugin.
    Is it Possible that we missused the plugin?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi angie_s,

Actually, you are right. The WooSidebars plugin does not apply correct markup. Even on my theme demo website it applies <div> and not <section> on widgets. Please let me investigate what’s going on in here. Possibly I will submit an improvement to the plugin itself and will also test other similar plugins.

You can also try alternative plugins yourself, or use this PHP code in your child theme‘s functions.php file to fix the issue:

function child_theme_woosidebars_sidebar_args( $args ) {
    	$args['before_widget'] = '<section id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">';
    	$args['after_widget']  = '</section>';
    	$args['before_title']  = '<h2 class="widget-title">';
    	$args['after_title']   = '</h2>';

return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'woosidebars_sidebar_args', 'child_theme_woosidebars_sidebar_args' );

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

angie_s
    Participant

Which one of these sidebars would you recommend?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.