mobile site using Mustang Lite only expands to half the screen

Home Forums Mustang mobile site using Mustang Lite only expands to half the screen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

anak
    Participant

mobile site using Mustang Lite only expands to half the screen

Resolved

Hi there, thank you for the awesome Mustang Lite theme! It works great when I view my site on desktop, but the screen only expands to half the visible width when viewed on mobile. I can manually expand it to fill the screen, but it snaps back if I search or navigate to other pages.

I tried clearing my cache, deleting and re-installing the theme, de-activating my plugins, and deleting my custom CSS. None of these helped. But I don’t see the issue on your demo page. Any thoughts?
    Thank you.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi anak,

The issue is caused by screen reader hiding styles issue.

You can fix this using this custom CSS:

.screen-reader-text,
    .logo .description {
    	clip: rect( 1px, 1px, 1px, 1px );
    	position: absolute !important;
    	height: 1px;
    	width: 1px;
    	line-height: 1px;
    	overflow: hidden;
    }

I will fix these styles in next theme update, however I can’t tell why this does not cause the issue on theme demo website – the styles are the same…

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

anak
    Participant

Yeah, that fixed it! Thank you.

anak
    Participant

Quick update — I just found that the screen problem disappeared after installing the “WebMan Amplifier” plugin, even without the custom CSS above. The WebMan Amplifier plugin also resolved another issue I was having, where mobile menus didn’t open. So looks like the plugin is doing even more than it says :)

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi anak,

Thank you for the update. I will look into this issue as the theme should work perfectly fine without WebMan Amplifier. Not sure now why the issue was resolved after installing the plugin as it contains no front-end CSS… Will investigate this and update the theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.