Modern Theme, front page widget

Home Forums Modern Modern Theme, front page widget

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bobj
    Participant

Modern Theme, front page widget

Resolved

Hi, Thanks for sharing this theme. My query please is whether the 3 horizontal content panes on the front page can be populated using ‘Page’ text instead of ‘Blog’ text? Also, I would like to link the title of one of these panes to an external site (and not a Blog Post). Is this possible please?
    My last question is how to add a thumbnail image in the three panes. Its likely I have missed the instructions to do this in the theme customisation instructions.
    Many Thanks in anticipation of your help?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi bobj,

The front page of theme demo website (and probably also your website, judging from your description) is set to use “Front page” page template. This page template actually displays this content:

• 6 most recent portfolio projects,
    • 6 most recent blog posts,
    • and page content

If you just want to display your page content, you should be able to switch your page template to default one and then all posts will be removed from your front page.

As for modifying “Front page” template section titles, you can only do this with filter hooks provided in the theme. Please use your child theme functions.php file to do this:

function child_theme_front_title_portfolio() {
      return 'YOUR_LINK_HTML_HERE';
    }
    add_filter( 'wmhook_template_front_title_portfolio', 'child_theme_front_title_portfolio' );

You can use wmhook_template_front_title_portfolio and wmhook_template_front_title_blog filter hooks for this.

My last question is how to add a thumbnail image in the three panes.

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. If you set your posts and portfolio projects featured images, they will be displayed there on front page too. Please see demo website as an example. If you set your front page featured image, it will be displayed on top of the page content.

However, from your questions I’ve got feeling you want to override the whole front page to your custom layout. Please note that you can do this via coding your custom page template or maybe try to use a page builder plugin on your website, such as Elementor?

Also, please note that I only provide tips for custom theme modifications – please read terms of service.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.