modern theme is not the one available on wordpress.org through siteground

Home Forums Modern modern theme is not the one available on wordpress.org through siteground

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sebacic
    Participant

modern theme is not the one available on wordpress.org through siteground

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

it’s a completely different theme

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sebacic,

What do you mean? Installing WordPress themes via WordPress admin interface is not relevant to your hosting company. I personally also use SiteGround, yet I can see the theme in the list perfectly fine when searching for it:

Please see theme documentation for how to install WordPress themes.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

sebacic
    Participant

yes, I can see that too, but it creates a different site when I try to customise it… see image of theme customise and URL of live site

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sebacic,

Please note that max allowed attachment size is 200 KB as stated in reply form – make the image smaller (maybe use JPG file format) and reattach it again.

Your live website is perfectly fine, using my Modern theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

sebacic
    Participant

Right… I just expected it to be like the thumbnail. I’ve had a very stressful day with Siteground, and trying to get to grips with WordPress. If your Reykjavik theme wasn’t so incredible, I’d have given up by now.
    All I want is a bit of “skip”!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sebacic,

The theme thumbnail is a screenshot of a theme demo website. But otherwise it is the same as your website, it uses default settings of Modern theme. If you want, you can install theme demo content as described in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/modern/#demo-content This procedure is the same with all my WordPress themes (and actually with any other WordPress theme too).

Please understand that theme could never force installation of demo content upon theme activation. It is not even allowed by WordPress theme review team from obvious reasons – not all users want this and it might mess up a content of existing website.

If you are new to WordPress, please watch tutorials and see resources mentioned in “First Steps With WordPress” of theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

By the way, all my themes contain a “Welcome” page. After you install and activate the theme, there is a notification displayed that will redirect you to the page. Welcome page then provides a brief setup guide. You can find it under Apperance → Welcome.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.