More control of the appearence of blog posts and feeds

Home Forums Reykjavik More control of the appearence of blog posts and feeds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wuesl
    Participant

More control of the appearence of blog posts and feeds

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,

I am wondering what is the best method To adapt the look and feel of my blog posts and my blog post feed list.

I have installed the plug-in “blog designer” And played a little bit with it. but it seems to be, with this plug-in I am able to alter only the appearance of the feed List and not the article itself.At least the pictures are displayed within the feed as well. (in WordPress This doesn’t work.) and I am able to deselect e.g. the author or publication date and Stuff like this.
    But this I also would like to change in the article itself.

Do I have to do this by hand through CSS Or do you have other recommendations?

What we do at the moment mainly with the blog is to publish events. But I don’t want to install this huge event plug-ins because I’m worrying of the accessibility level of Such kind of plug-ins.

Can you give me some guidelines I could continue? Maybe there is no much CSS Coding to do when One know to do how?

What is really important for us, that in the preview list of the posts the picture from within the post should be displayed As well.

I hope that you are able somehow to grasp what I’m talking about and what is the main issue.

Thank you in advance.

Ulrich

PS: Still we are using your free Reykjavík theme. And we are ready to support you and give You some donation. How?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,

Post listing (blog)

The theme displays posts listing like this: https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/reykjavik/blog/ (or there is also an example with sidebar).

Post images

As you can see, the theme displays post featured image in the list very well :) If you want to disable post meta info (such as publish date, comments, author), the theme is compatible with Jetpack plugin’s Content Options. Alternatively use custom CSS to hide the post meta.

Custom post listing

To change this listing appearance you either need to code it yourself (possibly just using custom CSS – please use your browser code inspector to determine the CSS for your modifications), or, as the theme is fully compatible with Beaver Themer plugin, you can design these without any code.

Single post

Single post can also be created with Beaver Builder page builder plugin. (Don’t forget to enable page builder for posts in Beaver Builder settings.)
    Or, again, you can apply custom layout to all of your posts using Beaver Themer plugin.
    Other than that you are again left with custom CSS (and possibly PHP) coding.

RSS feed

If by “feed” you mean the actual RSS feed of your website, I think the only solution here would be custom coding (PHP) or possibly there is some plugin that can help you. I don’t have any experience modifying RSS feed, so I can’t really provide any useful help here, sorry.

Events plugins

As for Events plugins, I don’t think they would mess up your website accessibility on the front-end. However, I can not be 100% sure about this and you should really contact the plugin developer to provide this info.

Donation

Thank you for considering a donation. You can do so following a link in https://www.webmandesign.eu/contact/ Thank you!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

wuesl
    Participant

Dear Oliver,

would you please take a look …
    https://eutb.wuesl.de/neuigkeiten/

I just created a new post with one of your pictures. How can it be that it could different to your sample page?

I’am just using your theme ‘Reykjavik’.

Greetings
    Ulrich

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,

The image is actually displayed. You just need to set up a correct image size.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.