More than one post/blog page

Home Forums Reykjavik More than one post/blog page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hyperbole1966
    Participant

More than one post/blog page

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, great theme :)

Is it possible to have more than one page that shows posts and to specify which category to display on each posts page?

It is currently as meeting-minutes but I would like a ‘news’ one and a couple of others?

Thanks,

Matt

oakhillman
    Participant

Matt, Not sure that Oliver would recommend it, but I use the free version of this plugin to display posts on pages on almost every website I design.

It’s very feature rich for a free plugin and I think it’s reasonably accessible.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-grid/

I think there are some post display blocks in some of the popular plugins that add blocks to the block editor, so that’s another possible solution.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

WordPress can not actually display multiple blog pages by default. But for your usecase, when you want to show posts from a specific category only, it may be as easy as adding a category to your navigational menu (in Appearance → Menus you can actually add pages, custom links, categories and other items into your menu). This way you are basically displaying a category archive page. (You can even control the archive page title with a plugin.)

Alternative approach would be as suggested by @oakhillman (thank you, Mark, for pointing this out). You can even use a page builder plugin as they tend to provide posts list too. But like I’ve mentioned, from my point it seems you just want to display a category archive page and so the best and easiest approach would be the one I’ve mentioned above.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Hyperbole1966
    Participant

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. I didn’t realise that you could use the menu to display category archive in this way and that has doe exactly what I needed with minimal complication.

Thanks again,

Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.