Move mobile nav + CPT

Home Forums Icelander Move mobile nav + CPT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JC
    Participant

Move mobile nav + CPT

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi there

Can I move the navigation on mobile form the bottom to the top?

Also on the WP dashboard, how can I remove the Custom Post Types; Staff, Testimonials and Projects that were included in the theme Icelander? They weren’t used so would like to remove them from the dashboard.

Thanks!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

To modify the mobile navigation, please check an older support ticket.

The Staff, Testimonials and Projects post types are added by WebMan Amplifier plugin. Except custom post types the plugin also provides custom icons functionality. If you do not need the custom icons functionality (can be simply replaced with other plugins), the easiest way to get rid of the custom post types is to just disable (and uninstall) the WebMan Amplifier plugin.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JC
    Participant

Thank you the Nav on mobile is perfect!

I don’t want to remove all of the Amplifier plugins (just content modules, Projects and Testimonials) I am using Staff.

Also, I read this support: https://support.webmandesign.eu/forums/search/?bbp_search=staff+button&forum_id=16345
    But it didn’t work for me.
    I copied and pasted that code into my Icelander Child Theme function.php file but the button on the staff page still says Nice to meet you! I want to change that to Read more.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

First of all, please note that the code from other ticket works perfectly fine. Just make sure you put it into your child theme‘s functions.php file, not the function.php (singular name – WordPress does not recognize such theme file).

Also make sure you child theme is activated ;)

To remove WebMan Amplifier custom post types without deactivating the plugin, add this code into your child theme‘s functions.php file:

function child_theme_webman_amplifier_support( $support ) {
    	$support = array_flip( $support );
    	unset( $support['cp-modules'] );
    	unset( $support['cp-projects'] );
    	unset( $support['cp-testimonials'] );
    	return array_flip( $support );
    }
    add_filter( 'wmhook_icelander_webman_amplifier_setup', 'child_theme_webman_amplifier_support' );

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JC
    Participant

Thanks – I meant functions :)
    Uhmm don’t know what I am doing wrong but it isn’t working.
    Child theme is activated. And using child theme functions.php file. I have supplied to a specific link, it still says Nice to meet you!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

Can you please provide admin access to your website so I can check personally. Also, please provide the affected staff page URL where I can check the result. Thanks.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JS,

BTW, when I visit the page you’ve provided URL to, I can see “Sorry, there is nothing to display here…”. I presume there should be the staff posts. Have you published your staff posts, or made them public?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JC
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

Thank you for the login details, you can change the password now.

First of all, you haven’t changed the Nice to meet you! text in the code I’ve provided. Please understand that I don’t know what wording you want to use, so I kept the default there. I’ve changed it to My custom text here! now for you, please change it to your needs in the code.

But more importantly, I couldn’t find out why the custom text wasn’t applied until I checked your plugins. You are using some caching plugin. Please note that you should not use any caching solution while developing a website. I’ve deactivated the plugin and the changes were applied immediately. Please reactivate it only when the website is ready to go live.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JC
    Participant

Brilliant – thank you so much.
    If we lived in the same country I would buy you a beer.
    But I did buy the theme so hopefully you can buy yourself a beer.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 8 hours ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.