No "Screen Options" for Excerpt so…

Home Forums Reykjavik No "Screen Options" for Excerpt so…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

skase98
    Participant

No "Screen Options" for Excerpt so…

Resolved

how do I remove “This is where you can add new products to your store.” from my store page?

I have dug through every setting and option I can find. Short of going into the php areas where I know I can go but I would really prefer not to without specific guidance, can you offer suggestions?

The new Gutenberg editor may provide some help but I doubt it. It seems to be built similarly to MailChimp’s editor and I find that restrictive, clunky, and more work to create what I want than hand coding. And I’m not even very good at coding.

I am using Reykjavik on a staging site right now so I can’t provide a usable link to it. I need to have it set up exactly right before I update my site.

Thanks for any assistance and for creating such a nice theme!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  skase98.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi skase98,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme :)

how do I remove “This is where you can add new products to your store.” from my store page?

Please note that it seems the text is actually part of WooCommerce plugin. I can’t find it displayed anywhere in the theme – could you provide a screenshot? Or you can edit/remove it using https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-archive-descriptions/ plugin. You may also check the other support ticket for resolution.

The new Gutenberg editor may provide some help but I doubt it.

I’m not sure if I understand ;) I actually do not recommend using Gutenberg on a live website until it’s integrated into WordPress 5.0. And if you don’t like it, don’t use it :)

However, judging by the title of this support ticket, you should be able to access post/page excerpt field even if you are using Gutenberg editor:

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

skase98
    Participant

Oliver, thank you! I honestly have never used any Excerpt text in Woocommerce so this is completely new to me that it showed up. I will take your advice to look for it there.

Gutenberg is on my staging site just so I could see what it can do. It is not my favorite ;-)

I appreciate your help very much! Have a wonderful day!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi skase98,

Thank you. However, please note that I don’t think that text is coming from any excerpt field. It is set as “Products” post type description in WooCommerce code. And as the theme displays such descriptions, it displays that code coming from WooCommerce. I guess the best bet here is to use the aforementioned https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-archive-descriptions/ plugin.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.