Not being able to edit text in Beaver Builder

Home Forums Icelander Not being able to edit text in Beaver Builder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ibest
    Participant

Not being able to edit text in Beaver Builder

Resolved

This website https://www.ibestresearch.ca/ is built using the Icelander theme, and according to your documentation we installed Beaver Builder – it was working well up until the plugin went through an update, at which point the ‘Text Editor Setting’ and the wrench icon overall stopped functioning. I can click and use other functions of the drag-and-drop editor like duplicating content, edit column, delete content, etc, but not the wrench icon. Could it be that their update has somehow compromised the compatibility between your themes and their plugin? Have you had any other users with the same issue, and if so, would you have a solution? I’ve tried deactivating all other plugins to make sure that Beaver Builder was the one causing the issue. I have also contacted the Beaver Builder admin for support but I would appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ibest,

Please note that you are using very old theme version. Update the theme to the most recent version (version 1.1.9 as of now) to fix the issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ibest
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the response.
    I’m unclear how the theme was obtained (whether from wordpress.org theme repository or from themeforest). Also, the current theme is a ‘child theme’ of Icelander. If I do figure out a way to update, would it affect the child theme as well and thereby fixing the issue?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ibest,

Please note that Icelander theme is only available via ThemeForest.

If you are using a child theme, that will not be affected. Your changes will stay intact, only the parent theme (Icelander) will be updated and the issue fixed. That’s why I always recommend using a child theme for custom modifications, so, you are doing things correctly :)

For easier theme update you can simply use the Envato Market plugin procedure.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.