Ordered list types

Home Forums Polyclinic Ordered list types

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

PolyAnna
    Participant

Ordered list types

Resolved

Hi Oliver and all,

We LOVE the Polyclinic theme and are using it on several sites. However, one thing we REALLY need is the ability to “style” ordered and un-ordered lists in different ways: list-style-type and list-style-position.

We’re using “Beaver Builder” as our editor and when I choose the “type” we want from the WYSIWYG editor, it WILL work in the Editor mode but not in the page (see .png attached).

Can I add CSS code to “Edit CSS” to get different styles added? It doesn’t seem to work either.

I don’t know if this is a theme issue or a Beaver Builder issue so any help is greatly appreciated.

Lynda

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Moving the ticket to correct forum

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the Polyclinic theme. Please note that you have submitted the ticket to “Legacy themes & others” forum instead of “Polyclinic” one. I guess this was by mistake and I am moving the ticket to correct forum for you.

The theme provides styles for ordered lists as can be seen in theme demo website.

If you want to override those please use this custom CSS:

.entry-content ol {
    	list-style: lower-alpha;
    	margin-left: 1em;
    }

.entry-content ol > li {
    	display: list-item;
    }

.entry-content ol > li::before {
    	display: none;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

PolyAnna
    Participant

THANK YOU!

The “Edit CSS” panel balked a little bit at the code (said the brackets were not in the correct place… whattt???) but I ignored the objection, published it and then it turned the > into > and seems fine.

Now, I’ll go add additional styles like lower-roman, etc.! I’m attaching a screenshot of the success of what you sent.

Thanks again!
    Lynda

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

Please, do not use “Edit CSS” WordPress admin screen to modify the theme core files. Instead, please check the “Custom CSS” article linked in the “YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED…” section below (and in my previous reply).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

PolyAnna
    Participant

Hmmm… taking the CSS out of “Edit CSS” and putting it in “Simple Custom CSS” just broke the code you sent me this morning for this page:

What happened? So sorry to be such a burden.
    Lynda

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

PolyAnna
    Participant

Page didn’t hold in the previous post. Now, it’s in the “Related website URL”

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

I’m not sure what is “Simple Custom CSS“, but like I’ve stated in the knowledge base article, WordPress contains a dedicated field for custom CSS code in Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS.

Maybe check your code for a CSS errors? You can validate your custom CSS using https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input

The code I’ve provided here is valid.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

PolyAnna
    Participant

Hi once again,

Simple Custom CSS is the recommendation you provided (in a previous reply today) on this page:
    https://support.webmandesign.eu/custom-css/

And, I had my CSS in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS initally (when you look at it in the WP sidebar, it says “Appearance > Edit CSS”). I’ve now put my custom CSS back here and deleted the “Simple Custom CSS” plugin.

I WILL go check my code, though, and I appreciate the “Jigsaw” link. I am certainly NO expert but I really appreciate your expertise and help.

Signing off!
    Lynda

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lynda,

Please understand Simple Custom CSS plugin is an alternative I’ve listed there. Since WordPress has such functionality built in, you should use that one first and only if it does not work move to alternatives.

I have had a quick look at your custom CSS and it seems without errors. Except I’m not sure why you’ve added the CSS code I’ve provided above into @media only screen and (min-width: 55em) only. A lot of your CSS code is actually encapsulated into that media query only. I mean, if that’s what you want, than it is OK.

I can see the list styles code I’ve provided is actually working fine on your website even with Simple Custom CSS plugin. It just works on screens with min-width: 55em as stated above.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

PolyAnna
    Participant

YOU are so good and so kind!

I will go take that @media only screen (and min-width: 55em) OUT! How would I know to do that… obviously, I copied that from somewhere.

I DID use the CSS Validator and it told me A-OK. But, I’ll do it again after editing out the “min-width…” and continue to use it in the future.

Thanks again, Oliver!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.