page not mobile friendly

Home Forums Auberge page not mobile friendly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Francesca
    Participant

page not mobile friendly

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Good day, for 4 days now my search console has been saying there is error because one of my article isn’t mobile friendly… https://myvehicletires.com/falken-wildpeak-at-trail-tire/… i have tried all i could but i couldn’t get my way around the problem. Google search console is insinuating the page is not Google Mobile-Friendly, the table in the article is not fitting in, it also says the text are too small to read and Clickable elements too close together. Then i was told to contact my theme, please how do i get this solved.
    Thanks
    Francesca

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Francesca.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Francesca,

First, please read more information I have provided about this weird Google issues in one of previous support tickets.

However, in your case as you are using a table element in your content, the issue might be very likely related to that table. Tables are not mobile responsive elements in HTML. You can read more about table responsiveness issue in one of previous support tickets too.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Francesca
    Participant

Not cool, your response wasn’t helpful, and why should you put resolved when i didn’t say it has been resolved. I have tried the plugin even before i came to seek your help. Had to delete the table from the post and now i will loose a lot by that, i will consider changing this theme soon as you are not supportive.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Francesca,

I’m really sorry for you frustration, but please understand the issue is not related to the theme.

The <table> HTML element/tag is not responsive by nature. I also have not seen any WordPress theme providing responsive styles for this HTML element actually. So, I don’t even think switching a theme can help here, but certainly, it is your choice that I respect.

The reason data tables can not be made responsive in WordPress themes is that they come in various shapes: different columns and rows could be a table headings and so it is not possible to apply any universal responsive styles. That’s why the best solution with WordPress is to use a dedicated plugin.

But alternative approach would be to use styles provided in linked content I’ve mentioned in my previous reply to you here – please check the solution from previous tickets where I’ve provided links to the solution. Here is the link for your convenience: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_table_responsive.asp

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Francesca
    Participant

OK Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.