"Plain language" through multi-language plug-in

Home Forums Reykjavik "Plain language" through multi-language plug-in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wuesl
    Participant

"Plain language" through multi-language plug-in

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello Oliver,

I am looking for possibilities to implement “plain language” as the second language on the website. I am trying the plug-in WPGlobus.
    Does your theme supports this plug-in? I tried it and I didn’t bring it to work.

When I switch to the Theme “fifteen” it works at least with the main menu.

The background is that we are need to offer our clients and website users “plain language” as an easy to read alternative. So my idea was to implement this feature with a multi-language plug-in.

I tried for the first an simple way WPGlobus. Is there a chance that it wull work “Rejkyavik”?
    Or can you recommend a multi language plug-in that works with your themes?

And my the second question is …
    For the language switcher it would be ideal to have a different menu location area somewhere at the top right of the screen.

Do you have a theme or do you know and accessible theme that gives this opportunity?

I hope I put my case clear for you.

Appreciate to hear from you

Thanks in advance

Ulrich

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,

I’m sorry, but I don’t know WPGlobus plugin and I don’t know how it works. You should maybe check the plugin documentation and/or support. The theme is built to be multilingual and localization ready as it is also a requirement for all WordPress themes, especially for the free ones submitted to WordPress themes repository. I’ve tested the theme with the most popular WPML and Polylang multilingual plugins and it’s working perfectly fine.

I don’t really know what I am suppose to see in the screenshot provided. You mean the language switcher? Please refer to your plugin documentation for hot to display language switcher on your website front-end.

You can add your own menu area via your child theme and then style it to your needs if that’s really required.

I can assure you I haven’t seen a theme that has a menu area dedicated specifically for a language switcher. This is really the area for multilingual plugins and they should allow you to display language switcher in multiple ways (such as via widget, via menu,…) so it fits all themes. Again, please refer to your multilingual plugin documentation for help with this issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.