polyclinic -accessibility

Home Forums Polyclinic polyclinic -accessibility

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

polyclinic -accessibility

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hey Oliver!

Thanks for helping with the login… !

Now, I have a question concerning accessibility.

The Screenreader disappears from pages, when editing them… and I have not figured out where I can change the texts for screenreader especially. – Can You give me a hint?

On the frontpage the screenreader is gone for example… .
    There is a lock on the site. send us a private reply to get the access data.

• This topic was modified 4 days, 23 hours ago by  ErnstAndersen.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ErnstAndersen,

I’m not really sure what you mean. What screen reader texts would you like to edit please? Can you provide screenshots please?

Or are you referring to a screen reader software installed on your computer? Please note that theme has no control over such software.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

Hey there – good morning,

I attach a few Screenshots… . That hopfully explains it.

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

next one

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

and a view of the screen-reader on your demo site… .

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ErnstAndersen,

Please note that your screenshots were not attached as they exceeded max file size of 200 KB (as mentioned in the reply form). Please use JPG images instead of PNG if possible to reduce the image file size.

Anyway, your last screenshot was uploaded correctly. And please note that what you are referring to is not a screen reader but it seems like “Reader view” in Firefox browser. Please understand that this view should simply display your page text content, nothing more, and the theme has actually no control over such display. It simply displays HTML elements of your page content in a different way. Please contact Firefox browser support for more info on how to use “Reader view”.

If it does not display your page content the way it should, please edit your page content. Please understand that user content is not related to the theme, this is not a theme issue. Actually, as you can see from your screenshot too, there is no theme element displayed in reader view, it is just a text (and some images) from content of the theme demo website homepage.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

OK. I send another jpg…

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

and a screenshot of the demopage.

For some reason it worked on our Dataprivacy page – and we don’t know why… .

ErnstAndersen
    Participant

The question cam e up, as we decides for Your theme as being an accessible theme. – And, obviously, You did something with the template, so that the Reader view is generated, for it does not do that automatically. Just as we are working with the theme it appears or disappears – and we don’t know the rule.
    So we were hoping for YOu to give us a hint. – Maybe it is class that needs to be assigned?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ErnstAndersen,

Please understand that this is not a theme issue – please read my reply above. Also, Firefox “Reader view” is not an accessibility feature from what I understand. I also haven’t done anything with my theme in theme demo website – it is exactly the same theme you are using.

You are first one actually using the Firefox “Reader view” I know of ;) And please note that “Reader view” seems to display your web page content. It has nothing to do with the theme. Please edit your content somehow so it is available for reader view if that’s really required.

Just as we are working with the theme it appears or disappears – and we don’t know the rule.

Please understand that I don’t know the rule of how Firefox “Reader view” works either :) Please contact Firefox support for help.
    I haven’t assigned any special classes in my theme demo content. All is coming from the theme itself and it is the same theme you are using. I really don’t know how Firefox “Reader view” works, I’m sorry.

Thank you for the screenshots but I have no idea why the reader view is available on one page and not available on the other. The issue is related to Firefox browser reader view functionality.

And please note that it is not a screenreader. Screen reader is a different type of software, which runs in operating system as a layer above all the other software. What you are referring to is called “Reader view” and is only available in Firefox browser.

Maybe I suggest checking your website for accessibility issues first. Fixing those could potentially resolve your issue. But I’m not sure about it as I don’t know how the “Reader view” in Firefox works.

You can also provide your website URL so I can check personally, but I promise no success as this is not a theme issue, like I’ve mentioned.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.