PolyClinic Theme: To change the social Icons and primary headers position

Home Forums Polyclinic PolyClinic Theme: To change the social Icons and primary headers position

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    farhafasil
    Participant

PolyClinic Theme: To change the social Icons and primary headers position

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,

I am using PolyClinic theme in Persian language. I want to put the primary heading tabs below the logo button on right side. Also to move the social icons along with email icon to the left side above the search tab. Could you advise is this possible. I have attached a screenshot along with this.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi farhafasil,

Could you please provide URL to your website so I can provide you with specific custom CSS to resolve the issue.

You should be able to put the mail icon into social icons simply by adding the mail link into your social menu.

However, please note that moving social icons left of your logo is not really possible out of the box. You will need a PHP coding solution via your child theme‘s functions.php file and then add additional styles to position the icons to place.

Also, if you would like to move the primary navigational menu to the dark blue stripe, please note that this is not really possible without additional PHP code again. Can I ask what you intend to display left of the logo once the navigational menu is below the logo? There would be an empty space left – is this what you intend?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

farhafasil
    Participant

Hello Oliver,

My site is still in maintenance mode and is not active yet. My intention is to put:

1) The main headers under the logo in the light blue stripe
    2) The social icons to the top left part of light blue stripe.
    3) Language switcher to move the down left part of light blue stripe

Please find attached the screenshot. Also do my site needs to be in production to help with this more please let me know.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi farhafasil,

1. Please use this custom CSS to position the primary navigational menu below the logo:
      .main-navigation {
      	float: none;
      	clear: both;
      }
    2. You can display social icons in header using this PHP code in your child theme‘s functions.php file:
      function child_theme_header_social_icons() {
      	get_template_part( 'template-parts/menu', 'social' );
      }
      add_action( 'tha_header_top', 'child_theme_header_social_icons', 115 );

The icons should actually position themselves the way you intend them to be, but in case they are not positioned to your liking, try using your web browser code inspector to determine the custom CSS for your theme modifications.

3. As for language switcher, I’m sorry, but this is not possible to resolve from a screenshot. The switcher is provided by a plugin you are using, so I suggest checking with your plugin support or use your web browser code inspector to determine the CSS you need to use to position the language switcher the way you need.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.