Polyclinic UL/LI font color overlaps with mega-menu font color

Home Forums Polyclinic Polyclinic UL/LI font color overlaps with mega-menu font color

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KevinJ
    Participant

Polyclinic UL/LI font color overlaps with mega-menu font color

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,

In Polyclinic, I have overridden the default gray font color to black for increased readability.

Unfortunately, the CSS code (which I got from you, mostly) that assigns black to the html element does not get inherited properly by a UL/LI list on one of my pages. The bulleted text in the list is gray, not black. It’s like the UL/LI structures are not inheriting properly from html.

I show my CSS code below. The last bit of CSS overrides the UL/LI elements to make the text black, and it does make the UL/LI bulleted text black.

BUT — it also makes the fonts in the Resources mega-menu black! Not good, because makes the menu black on black and unreadable.

Could you please tell me how (or give me CSS) to make all UL/LI bulleted page text black without making the mega-menu text black?

Thank you

/* html is the outermost selector */
    html { 
    	font-family: "Source Sans Pro", sans-serif;
    	color: #000000;
    }
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { 
    	font-family: "Source Sans Pro"; 
    	font-weight:normal;
    }
    h1 {
    	font-weight: 600;
    }
    h2 {	
    	font-weight: 600;
    }
    h3 {	
    	font-weight: 500;
    }

p {
    		font-size: 1.2rem;
    	 color: #000000;
    }

ul li {
    /* This makes the bullets on the Regional Resources page
       and the About page black as desired. 
       But it also makes the Resources megamenu black on black! */

/*  color: #000000; */
    	font-size: 1.2rem;
    }
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Oliver Juhas. Reason: Formatting code
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi KevinJ,

Please note that I am on vacation with very limited internet access. I will reply ASAP after my vacation ends. Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

KevinJ
    Participant

Hi Oliver, no problem. Having a gray font instead of black is not giant immediate problem. Have a great vacation!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I’m not sure why you set the HTML color with custom CSS, but maybe just use the theme options? That way everything should work perfectly fine without needing to set color via CSS code. The Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Colors: Content → “Text color” option should do the trick.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.