Portfolio link display Blog page instead

Home Forums Modern Portfolio link display Blog page instead

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Drolleddu
    Participant

Portfolio link display Blog page instead

Resolved

Hi,
    I’m trying to be ready to publish my website using this fantastic theme (Modern), very nice one!
    I’ve a problem that I cannot solve, and I was not able to found specific answers in the other tickets.
    I’ve setup a static front page that display featured post as slideshow (using the banner_text and banner_image additional fields). Then it display a Portfolio using the jetpack feature. If I click on the “Portfolio” word it open the specific page containing the portfolios created. But if I then click on the single portfolio link (from the home page or from the protfolios page) then it display the Blog posts page instead! It never open the specific portfolio I want to display. Please notice that the slug in the browser navigation bar is displyed correctly (http://www.pierluigitolu.com/portfolio/prova-2/) but in the breadcrumbs it shows the blog one (.:| Pierluigi Tolu Fotografia |:. > Blog).

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but hope that you can explain what :-D
    Thank you in advance for your input.
    Pierluigi

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Pierluigi,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme :)

Please note that I can not access your website due to “under construction” being enabled.

This is a very strange issue you are experiencing. Have you maybe modified the theme files somehow?

If not, first thing you can try is to flush your permalinks settings: just navigate to Settings → Permalinks and click the save button.

If that doesn’t help, I suggest disabling all plugins except Jetpack, flush permalinks again and test. That way you will see if the issue is caused by a plugin or not. You can then reenable plugins one by one to pinpoint the problematic plugin.

If none of these helps, please provide admin access to your website so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Drolleddu
    Participant

Thank you Olivier for your answer.
    Flushing permalinks didn’t worked.
    Then I’ve disabled all the plugins and discovered that the one that causes the issue is the qTranslate-X one. If I disable it, then the link to the portfolio post works properly.
    Do you have any suggestions on how integrate it properly? (the plugin has an Integration guide page dedicated to plugin or theme developpers….).
    Thank you
    Pierluigi

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Pierluigi,

I personally never liked qTranslate(-X) plugin as it never did the job right for me or I didn’t like its approach. Besides the qTranslate-X wasn’t updated in 2 years.

Also, your issue is actually not really related to the theme. The Portfolio functionality comes from Jetpack plugin so I don’t know what integration would qTranslate-X need in this case.

I suggest asking the qTranslate-X plugin support for help (if you still want to use the plugin). I recommend using Polylang or WPML plugins instead. I’ve never had any issue with those plugins.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Drolleddu
    Participant

Thank you Oliver,
    this was the answer I was expected to receive, indeed!
    I’ll try a different translation plug-in for sure, thank you for the suggestions.
    And thank you for your support, really much appreciated.

Pierluigi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.