Portfolio preview issue after publishing project

Home Forums Modern Portfolio preview issue after publishing project

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Niranjan G Vala
    Participant

Portfolio preview issue after publishing project

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello dear developer, I AM having strange issue while previewing portfolio after editing. After editing the portfolio project, when clicking on the preview link, It is showing page not found error. I have used the theme on fresh wordpress installation on my site at https://www.jcglobals.com/ and also imported the demo content. As per theme recommendation, I have installed all the recommended plugins before importing demo content.
    Now what I had done after import is have changed the project types in jetpack, have changed project name, have changed custom featured image and replaced the project content.
    I have not installed another plugins. Only recommended plugins are currently installed on website. Have also tried to update permalink settings. Or if I create new project, It want works even on new projects after projects published. Only preview link is not working. everything else is working fine. Please help me out of this regards. Thanks.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Niranjan G Vala,

Please note that preview links works only when you are logged into WordPress, so, thank you for the link but it will not work for me ;)

The only advice here I can give is to flush the permalinks settings: just navigate to Settings → Permalinks and click the “Save Changes” button (no need to change anything).

If that still doesn’t work for you, please contact the Jetpack plugin support as the Portfolio functionality is provided via that plugin, not via theme.

You can also try to disable all the plugins except Jetpack and flush the permalinks to see if it works then. If it does, you know there is some plugin conflict – one of your plugins is causing the issue. By enabling plugins one by one you will be able to pinpoint the problematic plugin then.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Niranjan G Vala
    Participant

Good evening Oliver, Thanks for the support. I had contacted the jetpack support but i can’t get the satisfactory answer from them. They says that I should have to contact the theme developer for this particular issue. Also they beleave that this issue may be caused by one click demo import plugin because I had given the information of installed plugins/themes as per there request. Now the problem is solved. I have removed the wordpress installation and reinstalled fresh wordpress again. Installed the theme again, Installed required plugins again and also imported the demo content. Fortunately all is working fine now and I haven’t any issue right now. Thanks for the support.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Niranjan G Vala,

I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.

That’s unfortunate to hear that Jetpack support sent you back here. I understand this causes frustration.

The truth is the theme does not modify the Jetpack’s plugin Portfolio functionality in any way. The theme only displays the Portfolio. So, that’s why I advised to contact Jetpack plugin support as they may have been able to provide more help (maybe they have already dealt with similar issue). You could even provide them with URL to this support ticket so they know you’ve already obtained an advice from me.

But nevertheless, I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue and I’m sorry for ping-ponging you from one support forum to another.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.