Post layout change after upgrade from 1.5.x to 2.x

Home Forums Reykjavik Post layout change after upgrade from 1.5.x to 2.x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

studioZ2
    Participant

Post layout change after upgrade from 1.5.x to 2.x

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi!
    I have noticed that after update from 1.5.x to 2.x there have been some changes in layouts. Is it possible to restore previous Single Post layout to the previous version, with Post Meta on side etc.?
    Tried searching this but haven’t found any info.

Regards,
    Lukas

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lukas,

I’m sorry, but this new post meta layout has been applied to provide 100% compatibility with wide/full aligned blocks of new WordPress editor. Otherwise it would be impossible to use such aligned blocks as first things in post content. Due to this reason I don’t recommend custom styling the post meta to old layout (although you can certainly do so using some custom CSS code). Thank you for understanding.

Tip: You can see changes made to each version of the theme in https://github.com/webmandesign/reykjavik/releases

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

studioZ2
    Participant

Thank you for the fast and solid response.
    What CSS should I use? Is it something that is easy to be copied from the 1.5. version? Hope this is not to much to ask of you.
    Regards, Lukas

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lukas,

You can see the changes of the SASS file in the GitHub repository. From there you should be able to take the code, adapt it to your needs and transform it to pure CSS. I think that should be all there is to it, but I provide no guarantee as you might understand…

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.