Posts in Auberge

Home Forums Auberge Posts in Auberge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Khan Tandoori
    Participant

Posts in Auberge

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi

First of all let me say thank you very much for such a beautiful theme. I really do like it a lot.

Just for context, I am not an IT person but have learnt about wordpress in the last three days and built a site using your theme for a friend. Your demo data made this relatively easy to do.

The site is now nearly finished but I am stuck on one point.

When I post to the BLOG page (I have renamed it UPDATES in mine), the posts come up in a grid format. You then have to click on each grid to get to the individual blog.

What I want is for that BLOG page to display all posts normally one below the other. This is the standard blog post setup. I do not want the grid format.

Is there any way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Khan Tandoori,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme! :)

If you are new to WordPress, I suggest reading/watching tutorials mentioned in theme documentation in “First Steps With WordPress” section.

Please understand that the theme was designed using a masonry grid to display posts, with no sidebar. This is a conscious design decision and can be previewed on theme demo website at https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/auberge/blog/ The theme does not contain the blog layout you ask for, sorry.

You would need to modify the theme to achieve the layout you need. Please note that I only provide tips for theme modifications – please read terms of service. Ideally you would dequeue the masonry JavaScript so it does not slow down your website when you are not using such layout. And you can force such layout using custom CSS then, something like:

.not-front-page .posts {
    	max-width: 62%;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-right: auto;
    }

.not-front-page .posts .entry {
    	width: 100%;
    	position: relative !important;
    	left: auto !important;
    	top: auto !important;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.