Receptar Page Layout

Home Forums Receptar Receptar Page Layout

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Toon
    Participant

Receptar Page Layout

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Dear,

I am currently using the Dyad-2 theme, and I would like to change to Receptar. I thought it would be an easy change, but panicked somehow when I saw the page layout, which becomes quite messy after the first few posts. See the attachment.

I am probably doing something wrong and changed back to the old one until I have your feedback and advice. For your information: in my Reading settings I set a limit of 12 posts per page.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Toon. Reason: reduce file size
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Toon,

I’m sorry, it’s impossible to say what could go wrong from the screenshot. Can you maybe provide admin access to your website so I can switch to Receptar theme and personally check the issue?

I will then switch back to your current theme and will provide the solution to the issue so you can decide to use Receptar or stay with Dyad 2.

For now, please check your custom CSS if you have added those. Maybe it can cause the issue?

Also, disabling plugins may help to determine whether the issue comes from them.

You can even use Health Check plugin’s troubleshooting mode to determine the cause of the issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Toon
    Participant

Hi Oliver,
    Thanks you for the fast reply. Do you have a WP username? Then I will send you an invitation.
    Best regards,
    Toon

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Toon,

Please read the instructions for creating access to your website in terms of service.

Also please note that I will not be able to access and check your website today, it’s Sunday, but I will look into it ASAP.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Toon
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Toon,

Thank you for the access details, but I can not log in. Could please double check the access details (there seems to be even a space in the username…).

Also, I can see you are on WordPress.com actually. Does it even allow you using Receptar theme?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Toon
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.

Toon
    Participant

Dear Oliver,

I have one more question/remark.

Where I am not convinced yet is the red background for the text “a very delicious blog”. I would prefer to have it transparent, as it breaks the image behind. During my test I tried to change it, but apparently the same setting also applies for the icons in the articles.

If it cannot be changed I would go for a more neutral background (light grey or so) to limit the impact.

best regards,

Toon

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Toon,

Thank you for the access, it worked fine now.

The “shrunk” posts layout was related to Infinite Scroll functionality of Jetpack plugin. To resolve this issue, just apply this custom CSS:

.infinite-wrap {
    	width: 100%;
    }

This fix will be also applied in next theme update.

As for the text background over homepage intro section/slideshow, you can also control this via custom CSS:

.site-banner .highlight {
    	background: none;
    	box-shadow: none;
    }

Tip: Please try using your web browser code inspector to determine the CSS for your theme modifications.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.