Remove Archive Suffix on Page Title

Home Forums Monument Valley Remove Archive Suffix on Page Title

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

christophertong
    Participant

Remove Archive Suffix on Page Title

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

1. It seems that all of the shop pages – product, category and tag comes with “archive” suffix after the page title (See attached). Is there anyway to remove the suffix?

2. Is there a way to change shop page from ‘Product Archive’ to something else, say ‘Artwork’ instead?

Thank you.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi christophertong,

What you describe is HTML document title produced by WordPress itself. The theme has no control over that.

I suggest trying a SEO plugin (such as Yoast SEO) as usually those offer control over HTML document titles. Though I’m not sure if you will be able to control the WordPress archive page titles.

However, I’ve checked the archive page titles on theme demo website and I don’t see the “archive” suffix there (please note that I do not use any SEO plugin there, just plain WordPress titles). Maybe you are already using a plugin that actually adds the “archive” text for you? Here you can check the theme demo pages:

As for renaming “Products” for “Artwork”, I suggest using Custom Post Type Editor plugin.

I’ve actually went ahead and checked the Yoast SEO plugin settings and it seems you are using that plugin on your website. As the plugin actually adds the “Archive” text there. Here is a screenshot of archive page title tag settings for custom post types:

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.