12 Jun 2018 at 13:15 #18676
Remove Archive Suffix on Page TitleResolved
Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you ♥
1. It seems that all of the shop pages – product, category and tag comes with “archive” suffix after the page title (See attached). Is there anyway to remove the suffix?
2. Is there a way to change shop page from ‘Product Archive’ to something else, say ‘Artwork’ instead?
Thank you.12 Jun 2018 at 14:18 #18679
What you describe is HTML document title produced by WordPress itself. The theme has no control over that.
However, I’ve checked the archive page titles onand I don’t see the “archive” suffix there (please note that I do not use any SEO plugin there, just plain WordPress titles). Maybe you are already using a plugin that actually adds the “archive” text for you? Here you can check the theme demo pages:
- WooCommerce shop page (products archive)
- Shop (products) category archive page
- Posts category archive page
As for renaming “Products” for “Artwork”, I suggest using Custom Post Type Editor plugin.
I’ve actually went ahead and checked the Yoast SEO plugin settings and it seems you are using that plugin on your website. As the plugin actually adds the “Archive” text there. Here is a screenshot of archive page title tag settings for custom post types:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.