Remove Default Intro on Events Page

Home Forums Monument Valley Remove Default Intro on Events Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

InspirationStudio
    Participant

Remove Default Intro on Events Page

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

For Monument Valley, if you trigger Events, there is no actual ‘Page’ to edit on under Dashboard>Pages but I want to take off the default Intro Featured Header Image that runs on the top of that page, but how do I do that when I can’t access that actual page? Is there css code to remove that from the ‘Events’ default page?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi InspirationStudio,

Please note that the theme does not contain any Events post type, so I presume you are using a plugin to add those. I also presume you are talking about an Events post type archive page in WordPress (and that’s why you can not see such page under Pages dashboard menu).

You can not easily edit archive pages in WordPress. These are a special pages that only displays the list of posts. Blog page or category page is an example of some default archive pages in WordPress. If you are new to WordPress, please check “First Steps With WordPress” in theme documentation.

You can remove default intro images in Appearance → Customize → Header Image. This will be applied globally for your whole website, not just the Events posts archive page. (First select a single image so a “Hide image” button is displayed.)

As you haven’t provided the affected page URL, I can not provide a specific custom CSS you may use, but here is an example you can tweak to your needs (use your browser’s code inspector to determine the correct body class used on your Events archive page):

body.archive-events .intro-container {
      background-image: none;
    }

Alternatively you can use Beaver Themer plugin as Monument Valley is fully compatible with it, and it will allow you to replace any section of the theme with your own design.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.