Remove Post Title & Change Font

Home Forums Polyclinic Remove Post Title & Change Font

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Softy91
    Participant

Remove Post Title & Change Font

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi guys,
    Love the unique header design of Polyclinic – thanks for designing. Just two simple questions please;

1.) – We have our pages without any titles, as we prefer to use a third party plugin to style page headers etc. We can remove all of the page titles without issue on individual pages which is great, but unfortunately we can’t replicate this on post pages.

Please could you confirm how we can set a template for the individual blog posts, to ensure it is full width with no header etc whatsoever (mimicking a page)?

2.) – Changing the font – I’ve seen something in the customise theme section that refers to CSS changes to alter the default fonts. Please could you provide a template, so I may switch the paragraph font to Roboto, the menu to Poppins and the headers to Roboto?

Many thanks as always :)

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Softy91,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme :)

1. First, please note I strongly suggest setting titles for your pages even if you are using a plugin for that. The reason is simple, if you decide in the future to not use the plugin, the page titles will still be accessible.
      As for posts, these are designed very specifically in the theme. It is hard to provide a solution for your issue as I am not really sure how you would like to display a single post. For example, hiding a post title can be done with a custom CSS, but there is a post publish date displayed in that area too, and I’m not sure if you want to hide that one too. Here is a sample custom CSS code you can use:

/* Hiding only title: */
      .single-post .site-main .entry-title {
      	display: none;
      }

/* Hiding also publish date: */
      .single-post .site-main .entry-header {
      }

I suggest using your web browser code inspector to determine the correct CSS code you need to use to modify the theme.
      As for making a post fullwidth, you can use a WooSidebars plugin to hide the sidebar on single posts.

2. As for changing fonts, this needs to be done using a 3rd party plugin, just like mentioned in typography theme options description text. For example, you can use Easy Google Fonts plugin (other plugin examples can be found in theme documentation) and set it up using the CSS selectors provided in Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Typography. (Video tutorial on how to use typography plugins in WordPress.) (The theme does not provide a specific CSS selector for menu font change, but you can use your browser code inspector, which can also be seen in the tutorial video. For your reference, you can use #site-navigation CSS selector for that.)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Additional info: When using WooSidebars plugin, simply create a new widgetized area (sidebar), you can call it “Empty”, set its display condition to display on each individual post, and do not add any widgets in the sidebar. That way the theme will see the sidebar is actually empty and will not display it, instead it widens the content area full width.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Softy91
    Participant

Hi Oliver, thanks for the awesome support! You’re amazing, and we’re so excited to be working with this theme and your company…

Please could I ask for one bit of further help, hopefully quite quick (to a genius like you guys) – but takes an age for me, without success!

1.) How Can I remove all of the META information remaining onthe blog post (boxes containing category, author and comments now the above has brilliantly remove posting date and title).

We add this stuff ourselves using another plugin, so don’t want any left hand margin with any content / boxes etc. We’ve already moved some with the above code – if you could provide the remainder that’d be great.

Many thanks

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Softy91.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Softy91,

I’m glad you’ve been able to resolve most of your issues.

Here is a custom CSS that can help:

.single-post .site-main .entry-meta {
    }

Tip: Please try using your browser code inspector to determine the CSS overrides you need to use to modify the theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Actually, here is some more custom CSS that can help you to achieve more full width post content:

@media only screen and (min-width: 42em) {
    	.single-post:not(.fl-builder) .entry-content {
    		float: none;
    		width: 100%;
    	}
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.