Remove sidebar from Portfolio post

Home Forums Icelander Remove sidebar from Portfolio post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

push_reset
    Participant

Remove sidebar from Portfolio post

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,

I would like to remove the sidebar from a specific portfolio post. I tried the recommended plugin and work around to remove sidebars mentioned here but that did not work.

The demo site show several project pages without a sidebar. For example, the simple one here https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/icelander/project/project-8/

How do I achieve that?
    Thanks!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi push_reset,

Actually, thanks for bringing this up. Last WooSidebars plugin update that actually made things a bit trickier. I went ahead and updated WebMan Amplifier plugin compatibility with WooSidebars, so it is now simple to set up empty sidebars again.

On theme demo website I am using WooSidebars plugin to display a custom sidebar on specific pages/posts/projects only. And I leave the default “Sidebar” empty, without any widget, so, only my custom sidebar is displayed whenever needed. However, you can actually do it vice versa:

1. Update WebMan Amplifier plugin to current version 1.5.4.
    2. Create a new “No sidebar” Project Tag and assign projects where you don’t want the sidebar to display to it.
    3. Create an “Empty sidebar” with WooSidbars plugin and set it up to replace default theme sidebar on “No sidebar” projects:

Once you leave your custom empty sidebar without any widget, the sidebar will not be displayed there. However, please note that due to how WordPress works, you will most likely need to initiate your empty sidebar first: go to Appearance → Widgets and add any widget to your “Empty sidebar”, wait a second or two and remove the widget leaving the sidebar empty.

You can also install theme demo content on your computer to see how things are done there.

Worth mentioning that if you are using Beaver Builder on any page or project, the sidebar will not be displayed there either.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Adding WebMan Amplifier version number
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Updating image

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Actually, there is even other alternative use. Like mentioned in WooSidebars documentation, you can mark a specific projects for custom sidebar usage and then you will be able to select those projects in your WooSidebars custom sidebar settings under “Projects” tab.

(You will still need to update WebMan Amplifier to version 1.5.4 though.)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.