Removing Banner Text

Home Forums Modern Removing Banner Text

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CSA

Removing Banner Text

Resolved

Hi,

I see how to add a custom field to alter the banner text and replace the page name being displayed with different text, but is there an equally easy way to eliminate the text of the page name altogether over the header image when using a Static Home Page?

In other words, I want to retain the Site Title and Tagline but remove the page title being displayed over the header image.

Thanks for a great theme!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might help you: http://support.webmandesign.eu/forums/topic/no-predefined-text-how-to-do-this/

Besides you can use custom field to set up the text on homepage (front page) too.

Regards,

Oliver

CSA

Using Jetpack’s CSS editor, which I am assuming will preserve changes even if theme is updated later, and the code from the link does indeed remove the banner text. However, it also deletes the space it occupied. Now the content area appears directly below the site title and tagline with barely any of the banner image in the background now showing. I do sincerely thank you for the help, but I am not versed enough in the code to reapply the spacing to see the image area equivalent to how it appeared before the banner text was removed.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the Jetpack’s CSS editor will keep the CSS code even on theme update.

You can solve your issue replacing the display:none; code from the link I’ve provided with visibility: hidden;. If that won’t work for you, please post a link to your website so I can write you a specific CSS to set the gap.

Regards,

Oliver

Vapinallday

Hey, I’m trying to do this, and I can’t seem to get it to work. On my CSS, there is no display: none; on the .site-banner h1.

Here’s my current code:

/* Site banner */
    .not-front-page .site-banner { display: none; }
    .site-banner h1 { 
     font-size: 4.25em; 
     visibility: hidden;
    }

As you can see, I tried the visibility code you suggested, but I guess I might be placing it wrong or something. Any helps is appreciated.

Thanks!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

You should place your custom CSS code according to these instructions: http://support.webmandesign.eu/forums/topic/css/

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.