Rename and reformat Projects/Portfolio Pages

Home Forums Modern Rename and reformat Projects/Portfolio Pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Theodore
    Participant

Rename and reformat Projects/Portfolio Pages

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,
    Thank you very much for all your support and the Modern Theme. I’m still learning how to use WordPress and the Modern theme. So far I like it very much because of its accessibility readiness.

I’m having trouble modifying my Portfolio’s name. The default is “Archive: Projects”. I managed to change it to “Projects” with your Archive Title plugin (great plugin! Thank you!). Is there a way for me to change the name to “My Projects” (or anything else)?

My front page is a static page. On the front page, I have text and then my posts and projects underneath. I made my posts display on the /blog page. Is there a way for me to have content/text on my blog page above my latest posts like I do on my front page? Similarly, can I have text on my portfolio page above my projects?

Is there a way to make the [display-posts] shortcode work? I found it here https://en.support.wordpress.com/display-posts-shortcode/
    I’m looking for something that works like the [portfolio] shortcode

Thank you,
    Theodore

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Theodore,

First, please understand that I like to keep support tickets mono-thematic, so each question should be logged as a new support ticket – please read terms of service.

1. To rename custom post types please use a Custom Post Type Editor plugin. Renaming the Portfolio post type (which is provided by Jetpack plugin, so technically this is not an issue with the theme) to your preferred name should make the portfolio archive page display your custom name. If it does not work, please contact the Jetpack plugin support for help on this issue.
    2. Blog page in WordPress is a type of an archive page, so it does not display any content. However, with Modern theme you can at least display a blog page excerpt (as can be seen in theme demo website).
    3. I’m sorry I don’t know the [display-posts] shortcode, but it only seems to be available for WordPress.com websites. If you want to display portfolio on any page, you can use Jetpack’s Portfolio shortcode.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.