Reykjavik compatibility with Thrive Architect page builder

Home Forums Reykjavik Reykjavik compatibility with Thrive Architect page builder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

coachoiseau
    Participant

Reykjavik compatibility with Thrive Architect page builder

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver,

I recently purchased Thrive Architect as I really liked some of the features of the builder, plus it was less expensive than the Beaver Builder upgrade (maybe I’m learning why that is the hard way…).

It doesn’t appear that Thrive is totally compatible with the theme, as when I try and modify pages that were built with Beaver Builder, for example, I lose header nav menu as a feature of the page, and content/columns do not align properly with the page.

If I try and build the page completely fresh out of Thrive, I lose the nav menu & footer…there’s nothing left of the theme.

Have you got any thoughts on this issue? Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

-MB

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi -MB,

I’ve checked your website homepage and it seems to be built using Thrive Architect – I don’t see anything wrong with the page, everything is displayed perfectly fine for me.

The theme was not tested with Thrive Architect, but I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work, actually. Have you contacted the plugin support asking for help in this matter? As the theme contains no code modifying Thrive Architect’s behavior I don’t think the issues you experience come from the theme itself. Please try to contact the plugin support to see what they have to say about the situation.

BTW, please understand that you can not modify a page built with a one page builder plugin with a different page builder plugin. I haven’t seen any page builder plugin to be compatible with another one this way. Once you try to modify a page previously built with Beaver Builder and now using Thrive Architect, you should expect basically starting over again, overriding the Beaver Builder layout.

If the issue still persist, please provide link to actual affect page and/or provide your website admin access with description how I recreate the issue so I can have a look personally. But first, please contact the plugin support, maybe they have already dealt with similar issue in the past and will be able to provide immediate solution.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

coachoiseau
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the fast response regarding my query. Just to clarify, all of my pages were built with Beaver Builder, not Thrive. Thrive suggested that I reach out to you on this topic – they felt it might a theme-related problem (ironic, right?).

I’ve attached two URLs of pages that I just published that were made with Thrive.

This first page was made 100% with Thrive architect and it has no elements of the theme in it (I don’t want to lose my theme-specific header and footer):

[ ADMIN EDIT: REMOVING LINK ]

And this one was titled using the default WordPress page builder, then switched to Thrive, which led to this result:

[ ADMIN EDIT: REMOVING LINK ]

I’m getting the vibe that Thrive was meant to be used on Thrive Themes themselves, which might be the cause of this issue. I’m leaning toward a refund and buying beaver builder pro in order to fix these issues.

If you have any more insights on this, please let me know. Thanks for your help thus far!

-Mike

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi coachoiseau,

This first page was made 100% with Thrive architect and it has no elements of the theme in it (I don’t want to lose my theme-specific header and footer).

Yes, I can confirm this.

However, I can see that’s the Thrive Architect’s actual behavior (?): it removes the whole theme HTML and replaces it with it’s own, that’s why there is no theme section at all. I can see that even the header on that page was created with Thrive Architect.

Is Thrive Architect actually a page builder, meaning does it create a page content (in standard WordPress content area)?
    Or is it rather a website/theme builder similar to Beaver Themer?
    Or maybe there is some setting in Thrive Architect to use it as a standard page builder only?
    Please check Thrive Architect’s documentation for help.

And this one was titled using the default WordPress page builder, then switched to Thrive, which led to this result:

This actually looks like proper page builder functionality.

The only “issue” here is the layout of the content area.

First, please note that the theme styles pages into a 2 column layout. H2 headings are on the left, while the whole other page content is on the right. This can be previewed directly on theme demo website pages. You can read more about “Outdented Page Content” layout and how to tweak it in theme documentation.

Secondly, to make a page/post page builder ready, you need to set it up correctly: instructions in theme documentation.

Please note that you need to have Beaver Builder plugin deactivated for this metabox to appear on page edit screen. As the theme is 100% compatible with Beaver Builder it does not display the metabox when the plugin is active (and there is no real point of using multiple page builder plugins on a website either ;)).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.