Reykjavik – custom fonts in mobile version

Home Forums Reykjavik Reykjavik – custom fonts in mobile version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author

uroboro
    Participant

Reykjavik – custom fonts in mobile version

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, i have set my custom fonts and all’s well in desktop version, but they are not rendered in mobile version (Google Chrome on Iphone SE).
    Can you suggest a solution to this issue?
    Thanks a lot!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi uroboro,

What Google Chrome version do you use? Is it up to date?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Actually, I can also see you are using some optimizations and CSS minification on your website. Please see the previous support ticket for possible resolution.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Hi Oliver, my Chrome mobile version is latest one, 61.0.3163.73; i also tried to deactivate “Autoptimize plugin” but it seems not to solve the problem

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  uroboro.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Having another look, the optimization and minification of CSS files on your website seems to be done right and there should be no issue actually. The custom CSS variables are loaded correctly after the minified and combined stylesheets.

However, please try to check your optimization plugin settings too. Maybe it provides some options for mobile devices that mess up the fonts? (Or also check your custom fonts loading plugin options too.)

Have you also tested with a different browser on your Iphone, such as Safari?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Thank you again, Oliver;
    the fonts are not correctly rendered also on Safari mobile :(
    I have not checked any font settings on minification plugin, and it seems however not to give any possibility to make a difference between desktop and mobile behavior…
    And i don’t have no custom fonts loading plugin, because the font i want to use is still available in your theme’s list

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  uroboro.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi uroboro,

Oh, yes, I see, the font is Montserrat and it is loaded by the theme by default. In that case, could you please check theme demo website too? How does https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/reykjavik/ perform for you?

And last question, what version of iOS do you use please?

Also, do you experience any colors issues on your iPhone? Colors and fonts setup is done the same way in the theme, via CSS variables, so if fonts are not working, colors shouldn’t either. If colors work, fonts should too. Unless your iPhone experience some issues loading the font from Google’s servers. Is there any way in iPhone to check if the website throws any errors?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

The colors are perfect in Safari and in Chrome mobile views; my IOs version is 12.1.2, and the theme demo is correctly rendered…maybe i made some error in child theme function.php file?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Oh, if you are using child theme, please try to switch to parent theme (Reykjavik) to see if the issue is related to your child theme.

If you are able to see theme demo website correctly, the issue doesn’t seem to be related to the theme. You can also use https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/ plugin’s troubleshooting mode to determine the cause of the issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

i switched on parent theme and now i got an internal server error :(

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.