Home Forums Reykjavik Reykjavik – custom fonts in mobile version

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

uroboro
    Participant

now it seems online again but fonts are not still rendered correctly on mobile

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi uroboro,

i switched on parent theme and now i got an internal server error

Please put your WordPress into development mode to see what PHP errors/warnings it throws. You may just need to update your PHP or its settings.

Have you tried the Health Check plugin I mentioned in my previous reply? Does it help to trace the cause of the issue?

If you still have no luck, please provide admin access to your website so I can try to have a look personally and offer possible solution. As you can see the theme demo website correctly, this means the issue is somewhere in your website setup. I’ll do my best to find it ;)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Actually, now I can see what could go wrong.

I’ve checked your website for JavaScript errors and there are few: related to EU cookie law banner and CSS variables fallback (theme customizations). Everything is caused by minification and combination of JavaScript files on your website with Autoptimize.

I suggest not to use the JS files combination or to set it up properly (maybe the plugin allows for some JS files exceptions?). Minification and file combination optimization is tricky process, especially with JavaScript and you should always approach it with caution and test thoroughly.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

I’ve just released a theme version 1.5.1 that should prevent such JavaScript errors. Please update your theme and check if that resolves the issue on your iPhone.

(The EU cookie banner issue is not resolved with the theme update as that one is not related to the theme but to a plugin.)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Hi Oliver, and thank you again a lot for your support!
    The Theme update seems not to have resolved the issue, i’ll try the other checks you mentioned and i’ll make you know how they worked.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 14 hours ago by  uroboro.

uroboro
    Participant

Hi Oliver,
    i installed Health-check plugin, no problems seems to be in my site. I also tried to totally deactivate Eu cookie law and Autoptimize plugins but font is still not correctly rendered on Chrome and Safari mobile.
    There is something else you suggest me to try?
    Thanks,
    katia

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi katia,

I’ve checked your website again and Google Fonts are not being loaded there actually.

This most likely points to enabling custom fonts setup on your website: have you checked the “Use custom fonts” option under Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Typography? Once you check that option, the theme stops loading its native Google Fonts and let the typography setup completely for you.

If this is the case, please follow the information provided in “CUSTOM FONTS SETUP” section of Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Typography to load your own Google Fonts.

https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/reykjavik/#fonts

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

uroboro
    Participant

Hi Oliver, i installed a Google Fonts management plugin and now only seems to be OK, even if i select the default theme font management (which i thought would have been enough for having in his list the font i needed)!
    Thank you a lot for your patience and support.
    k

• This reply was modified 1 day, 19 hours ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi katia,

I’m glad the issue is resolved now. I couldn’t spot it earlier due to CSS stylesheets combination and minification.

Like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, once you activate custom fonts, the theme stops loading its Google Fonts, that’s why it didn’t work for you. (And you could have Montserrat font installed on your computer while it was not installed on your iPhone and that’s why it couldn’t display it.)

I’ll put an info about theme fonts loading to custom typography setup option in next theme update.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.