RSS feed error

Home Forums Mustang RSS feed error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #20887

    izumi
    Participant

    RSS feed error

    Resolved

    Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

    Consider a donation →

    Hi,

    I use Mustang Lite since 2015.
    Since last Friday, I have a problem of RSS feed error.
    I analyzed myself with W3C Feed Validation Service, they said there is bad character(s).
    ex: 一番の気がか?…

    this character is � and this � appeared at the end of the excerpt (not every topics).
    Hereby the result:

    I tried everything I could (for example, add ob_end_clean(); to feed-rss2.php & feed-rss2-comments.php,
    also add to link href=”http://bruxelles-bxl.com/feed/” title=”RSS” type=”application/rss+xml” rel=”alternate”> to header.php.
    But I couldn’t delete this problem.
    I think I had the same problem before and you solved it.
    And also, at the same time, the preview doesn’t work any more.
    Curiously, it works after posting the topics.
    I have no idea to solve this problem.
    Could you help me?
    Please advise.

    Kind regards,

    Izumi

    #20888

    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

    Hi Izumi,

    Please note that the theme does not modify the RSS feed in any way.

    The issues seems to be related to excerpt “more” character. The theme replaces the WordPress default “[…]” with pure “…”. On your website there seems to be some additional character added before the excerpt more that’s causing issues not only in your website RSS but also in your website.

    I can see you are using a child theme. Please check your child theme code to make sure the issue is not coming from there.

    Or maybe you are using some plugin that’s causing the issue?

    You can even use troubleshooting mode of Health Check plugin to trace and resolve the issue.

    If none of the above helps, I suggest contacting WordPress support for help regarding question about non-UTF8 characters added to your website excerpts.

    PS: I don’t remember dealing with RSS in support, and you can view all your past support ticket in your user profile page.

    Best regards,

    Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

    #20889

    izumi
    Participant

    This is a private reply!

    This reply has been marked as private.
    #20890

    izumi
    Participant

    Hi,

    I found a plugin Advanced Excerpt Options that you installed last year, I didn’t touch this plugin, but the except length has changed 320 instead about 100 (I forgot how long it was).
    It is strange!
    I modified 110 hoping to disappear the �, but they are always there…
    How I can delete this �?
    As I told you, I didn’t add any strange character.
    Please advise.

    Thanks

    Izumi

    #20892

    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

    Hi izumi,

    Your child theme files seems to be OK. However:
    There is no need for adding support for RSS as the theme already does that. You can remove:

    add_theme_support('automatic-feed-links');
    add_action( 'wp_head', 'feed_links');

    However, � appeared after adding these lines.

    In that case this is the issue. Just delete those lines :)

    Also, there is no need to edit/override the header.php file. And I actually can’t see any change in your file. Please delete that file from your child theme.

    I found a plugin Advanced Excerpt Options that you installed last year

    I’ve installed the plugin to resolve your previous issue. But maybe the plugin is causing this issue? If that’s so, just disable the plugin.
    Like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, please use Health Check plugin’s troubleshooting mode to see if the issue is coming from a theme or a plugin.

    Please understand this issue is not related to the theme. I can only provide you with tips to resolve the issue.

    Best regards,

    Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

    #20893

    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

    I’ve tried to search Google for help and it actually pointed to a good hint: please check or set correctly your database charset (and some additional tips regarding the database charset). Please try also that.

    Best regards,

    Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.