showing categories and tags on posts

Home Forums Icelander showing categories and tags on posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pau
    Participant

showing categories and tags on posts

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, I’m sure it’s a dumb thing, but I can’t find the way to display category and tag in a post. Please, how could I do it?

Thanks in advance

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pau,

Actually, the theme does not display those by design. I will introduce these for single post pages in upcoming theme update.

Could you maybe provide a screenshot of where you would like to display them so I can provide you with a solution using code for your child theme?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

pau
    Participant

Thanks Oliver for your fast reply! I would like to place them on top of post.

Best Regards,

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi pau,

In that case I suggest copying the templates/parts/meta/entry-meta.php file into your child theme (keeping the folder structure) and add this code before ?></footer> (so, add this on line number 33):

if ( is_single() ) {
    	get_template_part( 'templates/parts/meta/entry-meta-element', 'category' );
    	get_template_part( 'templates/parts/meta/entry-meta-element', 'tags' );
    }

Please note that you might need to apply some custom CSS styles too, as the theme was not designed to display categories and tags, I can not say they will be displayed correctly.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.