Sidebar does not open

Home Forums Receptar Sidebar does not open

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ebonygodwin
    Participant

Sidebar does not open

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I’m not sure what I did but my sidebar menu is now static. It initially listed all of my pages. Now I can hover over the side bar menu and click but I cannot see anything. Can someone please help me?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ebonygodwin,

Please note that this is a new issue and so a new support ticket should be logged for it – read terms of service. I’ve created the support ticket for you now.

There is a JavaScript error on your website most likely caused by the WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click plugin you are using. Please disable this plugin or contact the plugin support for help on resolving the JavaScript error.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ebonygodwin
    Participant

I disabled the WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click plugin. The left toolbar is still static but I can still hover over it and click on the page links without seeing it.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ebonygodwin,

Now I see your website is not loading theme scripts at all. The reason for this is that your website is actually not rendered in whole. This might be due to your server low setup. Please read knowledge base article to solve the issue with cut-out pages.

(PS: This means that the plugin causing JS issue might not be the actual cause. After fixing your page rendering you can try to re-enable the plugin to see if that works.)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ebonygodwin
    Participant

When I changed the theme footer, it changed the sidebar menu to static and unseen but available when hovered over. How can I change the footer on Receptar without changing the sidebar menu code?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ebonygodwin,

In that case please note that you should never edit theme files. Use a child theme for your modifications instead. Also, please read the knowledge base article about theme modifications.

I suggest reinstalling the theme anew (keep the backup of the current theme so you can save your changes too). You can then download a sample child theme from my GitHub repository, adapt it to your needs, and put all your code modifications there.

I don’t really know how you would like to modify the theme footer, but if you only want to change the copyright info, please follow instructions from previous support ticket.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.