Sidebar not visible

Home Forums Icelander Sidebar not visible

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ayanaculis
    Participant

Sidebar not visible

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi,

I edited a page using Beaver Builder and selected the With Sidebar template, but no matter what I do the sidebar does not show.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ayanaculis,

When using a page builder, the sidebar is not displayed. You can simply create your own sidebar with the page builder in that case :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Looking at your page, I think you don’t really need to use a page builder there (if that’s the only content the page has). It really seems like a standard page to me, where no page builder is necessary. If you disable the page builder, you will get back the default theme sidebar once you’re using the “With sidebar” page template there.

Also, if you are using a page builder just to make the page content wide (without default indentation), please note that you can turn the page content indentation in the theme options: Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Layout → “Outdented page content”.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ayanaculis
    Participant

Hi,

I was able to add the sidebar using the page builder, however the vertical spacing between sidebar widgets is all wrong (no spacing at all between items) Is there a specific css I can use to make it look like the sidebar without page builder?

Thanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ayanaculis,

…the vertical spacing between sidebar widgets is all wrong (no spacing at all between items)

You can just set the margins on your page builder widgets.

Is there a specific css I can use to make it look like the sidebar without page builder?

You can try adding a sidebar class on the page builder column you are using as a sidebar. However, I can’t really say it will work correctly.

Anyway, like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, I think there is really no need to use a page builder on that page. You are basically just outputting 2 paragraphs of texts. Try just switching over to standard WordPress editor and using a “With sidebar” page template :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ayanaculis
    Participant

Maybe not for that specific page, but there are other pages in which I do need to use the Page Builder and it not being compatible with your template is just not good. The margins solution doesn’t work either, because that sets the margin for the whole column, not the widgets inside the sidebar. Maybe you should look into this when updating the theme.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ayanaculis,

Please understand that having no sidebar on page builder layout page is a design decision that won’t be changed. This is because it is possible to create custom sidebar layouts with any page builder.

With Beaver Builder you can actually apply custom margins also on any module or widget:

If you are new to Beaver Builder please see the “Additional resources” info in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/icelander/#beaver-builder for tutorials and knowledge base.

Or, if you are familiar with a different page builder, you can certainly use that one with Icelander.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ayanaculis
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. That’s the answer I was looking for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.