Some content and text disappeared after update!

Home Forums Forstron Some content and text disappeared after update!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mentassoc.com
    Participant

Some content and text disappeared after update!

Resolved

Hi,

I am working on the website mentassoc.com
    The Beaver Builder Plugin stopped working so I made an update, also I had to update the Forstron theme using the Envato Market Plugin.

Everything was working fine until today where the background disappeared, some buttons changed the way they look, and the text on my pages became invisible.

What is wrong? Please somebody help this is very urgent.

kind Regards,
    Ozan

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ozan,

Have you migrated your website to a new URL?

I can see, for example, that you have set the “” image as the first row background. However, if you go to that URL, you will see an error screen, probably the domain is not accessible any more. And as you can see, the domain of the image URL is different from your website.

If this is the problem, please read the knowledge base article for more information on website migration process.

Please, let me know if this resolved the issue or if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

mentassoc.com
    Participant

Thats correct, however i had updated the urls and it was working just fine. Should I just do it again?

Any idea for a quick solution?

Thanks a lot!

kind Regards,
    Ozan

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ozan,

Please understand that migration process in not easy. You may have updated URLs, but either not all of them were updated or the serialized database records were broken during the search/replace process.

You should use a migration plugin that is able to update URLs in serialized database records, as described in my knowledge base article.

You can also contact Beaver Builder support for help on how to properly migrate a website when you use the plugin.

The reason why it worked previously for you might be due to your browser cache or simply because the old domain was still alive and now it’s not.

The best advice I can give here is to search the web for proper tutorial on WordPress website migration. Please understand that this issue is not related to the theme and I have described all actions my themes need during website migration in aforementioned knowledge base article. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

You can also search this forum for “migration” (and/or “migrate”), maybe you can find some useful tips.

Also, here is a tutorial I’ve found for you that might help: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/migrate-wordpress-wp-migrate-db-plugin/
    You may also try a specialized plugin to search/replace the URL on your new website using this tutorial: https://wpengine.com/support/wordpress-serialized-data/

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.