Text cutting off on left side when viewed on mobile phone

Home Forums Polyclinic Text cutting off on left side when viewed on mobile phone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author

cryptokin
    Participant

Text cutting off on left side when viewed on mobile phone

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

After updating the theme template and wordpress app, the text on the left side is cutting off when viewed on a mobile phone. I tried several things to fix it however it would look really off when viewed on a larger screen.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi cryptokin,

It seems your theme stylesheet was not refreshed. Please go to Appearance → Customize, change any option, change it back and save the settings.

Empty your browser cache and a website/server cache if you are using one. If the issue still persist, please, reply to this ticket.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also please flush your Beaver Builder cache too.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

I tried the Customize & emptying the browser cache to no avail.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

It seems the generated stylesheet is stuck on you website. Possibly a permission file permission/owning issue.

Could you please delete the YOUR_WORDPRESS_PATH_HERE/wp-content/uploads/wmtheme-polyclinic folder and try the customizer solution again?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

When I deleted the folder it ended up fixing the issue, however many settings reset to the default. Would this mean I would have to input all my custom settings again?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi cryptokin,

No, not at all. The settings are kept in database. Deleting the folder does not delete your database records. The folder only contains the generated stylesheet files no settings should be deleted for you. Have you tested on some test server? I suggest backing up your website before doing live changes, but like I’ve said, deleting the folder does not cause settings reset. The theme simply does not find the file and will refresh/regenerate it.

If your customizer custom settings haven’t been applied, please try to resave customizer once again. And/or flush your browser’s cache (and any other cache you are using). If the issue persist, please reply to this thread.

(I’ve also found a previous ticket of yours. Maybe this is related to the stylesheet file not being refreshed correctly?)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

You’re correct. The settings are still in the customize, however there are several restrictions on the server I work with and it has reverted to the blue accent and I can’t seem to get it back to my custom color.

Is there a manual way to change the default accent colors?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi cryptokin,

So, do I understand correctly that even after you delete the stylesheets folder on your live website, the theme is no possible to recreate it when you save customizer?

Could you maybe grant me admin access to your website so I can try myself please? Please back up your website database and wp-content folder beforehand, just to be on a safe side.

You could also try duplicating the website on your own computer and refresh the stylesheets (saving customizer) there and just copy the newly generated ./wp-content/uploads/wmtheme-polyclinic folder into your live website than. It should work fine (though, when doing this, please check any URLs in the stylesheet files if they are correctly pointing to your live website instead of the local copy).

Most likely I will change the behavior of custom stylesheets generator in the theme in next update soon, and that should resolve also your issues. But meanwhile please try above solutions.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

I think it’s a permissions issue. When you asked me to delete the folder /wmtheme-polyclinic, I just deleted the contents and after making changes in the Customize, it didn’t create a new stylesheet. So, I deleted the entire directory and made changes in the Customize and the server didn’t create the directory.

It may be a wp-config issue. What does my IT team have to do in order to get the theme to write to the server?

I have this commented out in the wp-config file, otherwise I cannot update WP. In the past I think I uncommented this line and was able to update your theme & plugins, however this time it’s not working.
    // define( ‘FS_METHOD’, ‘direct’ ); //

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.