The mega menu does not work properly

Home Forums Icelander The mega menu does not work properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

objectif-multimedia
    Participant

The mega menu does not work properly

Resolved

Hi,

I would like to use the mega menu but it does not work properly.
    There are at least two problems:
    1) The submenu block is positioned relative to the megamenu and not relative to the page.
    2) Colums-N class has no effect, all items are on one line.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi objectif-multimedia,

1) The submenu block is positioned relative to the megamenu and not relative to the page.

This is actually perfectly normal and by design. You can see the example in theme demo website at https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/icelander/ The theme does not place the megamenu submenus relatively to the page but the actual parent menu item. If you need the other functionality, please try using a dedicated megamenu plugin. The theme contains only very basic, simple megamenu functionality.

2) Colums-N class has no effect, all items are on one line.

Could you please provide link to your website so I can check personally what’s causing this issue?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

objectif-multimedia
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    I was based on the screenshots of the documentaion without looking at the demos.

I tried to use the plugin WP Mega Menu, but the button for the mobile version is not displayed ???
    I added in function.php
    remove_filter (‘nav_menu_description’, ‘strip_tags’);
    but it does not change anything

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi objectif-multimedia,

Please understand that I reuse screenshots in my theme docs. They are only for the functionality illustration and if the functionality is the same in multiple themes, there is no real need to create screenshots images for each theme specifically. They are really just for illustration of the megamenu result. I think I will need to add this information into the theme docs. Thank you for bringing this up :)

Please note that once you use a dedicated plugin for website menu, the plugin takes over the WordPress and theme’s original menu display. So, the mobile menu should be configurable via the plugin options most likely.

As for the removing filter PHP code you are using, is this required by the megamenu plugin you use? The theme does not apply such code, it is actually a WordPress native functionality you are trying to remove. Maybe try check and fix your PHP code or you can try using this instead:

function child_theme_setup() {
      remove_filter( 'nav_menu_description', 'strip_tags' );
    }
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'child_theme_setup' );

As for the megamenu submenu displayed in a row instead of in column, please note that when setting a megamenu using the theme’s native functionality, the first submenu items are being set as megamenu column titles. The actual column content should be set as the 3rd level submenu. As stated in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/icelander/#megamenu
    Currently you’ve only added 2nd level submenu (see the step 2. in the documentation) which creates megamenu columns titles (the green color in illustrational images).

Copying the image from the theme documentation, here is how your megamenu structure should look like:

You can also install the theme demo content on your own computer to see how things work in the theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.