themecheck.org

Home Forums Receptar themecheck.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thlinard
    Participant

themecheck.org

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

According to http://themecheck.org/score/wordpress-theme-receptar-v1_4_1.html

Receptar obtains a very impressive score of 99%. But:

Warning

Date and time implementation : Use of date_i18n()
    At least one hard coded date was found in the file site-info.php. Function get_option( ‘date_format’ ) should be used instead.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi thlinard,

Thanks for checking the theme with ThemeCheck.org :) I can assure you that is no issue at all. Or do you find it any wrong?

The code date_i18n() is used in the theme to allow for easier dynamic year in theme footer credits area. This can not be done using get_option( ‘date_format’ ) as you might understand. Besides, the theme uses the later where appropriate.

The thing is that ThemeCheck.org have not updated their checking algorithms according to WordPress for quite some time. I have already created some issue tickets for ThemeCheck to update (way back in 2016…), but I have never gotten back any answer from them, which is pity. So, unfortunately, ThemeCheck.org starts to be a bit obsolete for me unless they update their algorithm.
    They should use the latest version of https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/ to check the themes. So, go ahead, download the plugin and test the theme with it to see it passes 100%.

A tip: Please always check the “issues” similar testers/checker throws, as the issue might not be relevant as in this example.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

You can actually see ThemeCheck.org throwing issues for WordPress default themes too. And those themes are always used as reference for good practices and coding standards in WordPress.

If you preview the score for Twenty Seventeen theme you will see the warning #1 is actually related to ThemeCheck.org outdated algorithm and the other issues #2, #3 and #4 are actually not issues at all, just recommendations. They differ from theme to theme depending on the theme features.

And ThemeCheck.org knows this, and that’s why any score of 95 and above is considered as passing WordPress requirements (they apply green color on it).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

thlinard
    Participant

Hi Oliver Juhas,

Good to know! Thank you for the explanation!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.